- Ambitious Indian high speed rail project planned : High Speed corridors proposed News Entry# 159217
by: rdb** Today (6:10AM)
Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge announced newly formation of High Speed Rail Corporation and at the same time he underlined that a great care should be exercised in adopting new technology.
The High Speed Rail Corporation (HSRC) is being constituted as a...
- British government to sell off Eurostar stake News Entry# 159216
by: rdb** Today (6:09AM)
Britain said today it intends to sell off its 40-per cent stake in Eurostar, the high-speed rail service connecting London with Paris and Brussels, as part of a 20-billion pounds privatisation drive.
The move is part of a new national...
- 'Pune metro will be profitable' News Entry# 159215
by: rdb** Today (6:07AM)
PUNE: The city's metro dream may have not taken off yet, but it turns out that it won't be a white elephant, with the Centre pegging the project's Financial Internal Rate of Return at 11.25%. This not only assures good returns to investors but also improves the project's financial viability.
- State indecision delays Metro III, holds up funds News Entry# 159214
by: rdb** Today (6:05AM)
MUMBAI: Indecisiveness on the part of the state government has upset the schedule of the Colaba-Bandra-Seepz Metro corridor and held up funds from the Centre.
Also known as Metro III, the project may be delayed by at least a year because...
- ‘Low number of bidders not to affect quality and safety of Kochi Metro’ News Entry# 159213
by: rdb** Today (6:05AM)
Only two contenders in the fray for bagging contract to supply coaches
With only two bidders in the fray for a global tender floated in July by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) to design, manufacture, supply, test, commission and train...
- Entry# 914135
Nov 22 (09:32PM)
There's been this recent concern raised by many about the so-called "race blogs", and how they are congesting the Forum. As per our long-standing policy, members are allowed to blog freely, so long as their posts are not offensive or of a repetitive spam nature.
Accordingly, the following changes are being...
- Entry# 871813
Oct 09 2013 (06:44AM)
Some new features have been introduced:
1. Multiple Train & Station tags can be added to each Blog Entry as well as each Blog Reply within the Blog Entry. The "Tags" link within each Blog Entry/Reply will show the list of Train/Station Tags.
2. The Forum submenu within the Train &...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 2013 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 2013 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins