- Railway bribery case: Contractor remanded to judicial custody till June 1 News Entry# 134557
by: rdb** Today (10:35PM)
NEW DELHI: A Delhi court on Wednesday sent contractor Sushil Daga, one of the accused in the Rs 10-crore railway bribery case in which former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal's nephew is among those arrested, to judicial custody till June 1. Daga was produced before Special CBI Judge Swarana Kanta...
- Rail bribery scam: Rift in BJP city unit widens, three eye Lok Sabha ticket News Entry# 134556
by: rdb** Today (10:34PM)
The rail bribery scam has caused further divisions in the city unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party, rather than uniting it against the Congress. The rift between three leaders has deepened with each trying to out do the other in the run up to the Lok Sabha elections.After the arrest...
- UPA highlights Railways' billion ton loadings News Entry# 134555
by: Jayashree ▪❖▪ Amita** Today (10:32PM)
NEW DELHI: The record loading of 1010 million tonnes freight and slight improvement of punctuality and safety have been listed as major achievements of the Railway Ministry during the year by the UPA government.
Besides ongoing rail expansion, execution of Dedicated Freight Corridor work and introduction of bio-toilets have also found...
- Experts think vertical growth along metro rail is the answer News Entry# 134554
by: rdb** Today (10:32PM)
CHENNAI: As work on the metro rail network in the city races ahead, experts have called for increasing the floor space index (FSI) of buildings along the route. This, they feel, will bring more people to the area and better patronage for the network. FSI is the ratio of land...
- Mumbai Rail Vikas Corporation spends over Rs 2.5 crore in 10 years on foreign trips News Entry# 134553
by: rdb** Today (10:31PM)
Do you need to visit foreign countries for the commercial development of railway land and airspace in India? Yes, if you are an officer of the Mumbai Rail Vikas Corporation (MRVC).Through details obtained under RTI Act, it has come to light that between 2003-2004 and 2012-2013, MRVC officers made several...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins