- Akhaura-Agartala rail link: Indo-Bangla officials meet to devise plan today News Entry# 134404
by: rdb** Today (05:02PM)
This link would also be vital for the Trans – Asian Railway Network (TAR), of which both India and Bangladesh are members. As part of TAR, India has been constructing a 350km rail link from Jiribam (India) to Moreh (Myanmar)—a link Bangladesh can be benefitted from.
The Akhaura-Agartala rail link will...
- Man commits suicide after killing mother, wife, daughter News Entry# 134403
by: rdb** Today (05:00PM)
A 48-year-old businessman killed himself by jumping in front of an electric train, minutes after allegedly murdering his wife, mother and daughter in Pazhavanthangal early on Tuesday morning.The driver of the first electric train service had noticed a man jumping onto the track between Pazhavanthangal and St. Thomas Mount railway...
- CBI custody for suspect in railway bribery case News Entry# 134402
by: rdb** Today (04:57PM)
A suspect in the Rs.10-crore railway bribery case, in which former Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal’s nephew Vijay Singla is among those arrested, was remanded in CBI custody for two days by a special court on Monday.Railway contractor Sushil Daga, who was arrested on Sunday, was produced before Special CBI...
- Railway bribery case: Accused remanded in 2-day CBI custody News Entry# 134401
by: rdb** Today (04:53PM)
A Delhi court on Monday sent Sushil Daga, one of the accused in the Rs 10 crore Railway bribery case, to a two-day CBI custody.Daga, who was arrested on Sunday, was produced before the court and the agency sought his remand, inorder to confront him with documents and intercept the...
- BJP protests outside CBI office in Chandigarh News Entry# 134400
by: rdb** Today (04:51PM)
Chandigarh: Police had to use water cannons to disperse scores of BJP workers who clashed with police during a protest near the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) office here on Monday.The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers were seeking the ouster of the CBI Chandigarh region chief Mahesh Aggarwal alleging that...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins