- Rajdhani Express staffer missing for 20 days News Entry# 134938
by: rdb** Today (06:37AM)
KOLKATA: It's been over 20 days now since Purna Chandra Maity went missing while on duty on the Howrah-New Delhi Rajdhani Express but his family members in Ramnagar, East Midnapore, have no clue about his whereabouts. Even the railways don't seem to have taken sufficient initiative in tracing the 35-year-old...
- BJP, Congress protest degradation of Prantij railway station News Entry# 134937
by: rdb** Today (06:35AM)
Palanpur: Residents of Prantij in Sabarkantha district are upset over their railway station being degraded to a mere flag station. Their resentment was aired in protests by both BJP and Congress on Saturday.More than 200 BJP workers led by Lok Sabha member Mahendra Singh Chauhan stopped an Ahmedabad-Himmatnagar passenger train...
- Virdhi leads race for top railway post News Entry# 134936
by: rdb** Today (06:29AM)
As the race for the post of Chairman, Railway Board (CRB) hots up, all eyes are on RS Virdhi, general manager of the Northeast Frontier Railway (NFR), who is the senior-most among the three officers eligible for the post.The new railways minister is expected to shortly forward the candidature of...
- Bansal changed conditions to favour Railway contractors: Bansal changed conditions to favour Railway contractors: Satya Pal Jain News Entry# 134935
by: rdb** Today (06:26AM)
Senior BJP leader Satya Pal Jain on Saturday accused former Railways Minister and local MP Pawan Kumar Bansal of making amendments in conditions to favour Railway contractors, while adding financial burden on the public through increase in fares and other charges.Jain also said that the change in conditions of allotment...
- Several trains cancelled on Sundays for maintenance works News Entry# 134934
by: rdb** Today (06:22AM)
MADURAI: In order to facilitate periodical maintenance of track and bridges over Madurai railway division for safe running of trains, it has been decided to temporarily cancel the passenger trains, on Sundays for a period of three months from May 26 to August 25.An official statement from the division said...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 2013 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins