- 'Metro projects in India cheapest in the world' News Entry# 160256
by: rdb** Today (3:54PM)
New Delhi: Metro projects in India are the cheapest in the world due to availability of abundant manpower resources, Urban Development Secretary Sudhir Krishna said today.
"I discovered that our metro projects are the cheapest in the world. I am not...
- Shahbaz Sharif praises Delhi Metro News Entry# 160255
by: rdb** Today (3:45PM)
Today, Shahbaz Sharif, chief minister of Pakistan's Punjab province, joined the list of foreign dignitaries to take a ride on Delhi Metro.
Mr Sharif, who is younger brother of Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, was accompanied by a 20-member delegation comprising...
- Trains stop 100 metres short of disaster News Entry# 160254
by: rdb** Today (3:43PM)
KOLKATA: Hundreds of suburban commuters had a narrow escape after two trains came face to face in the railway yard outside Sealdah station on Thursday morning. The incident occurred after the loco pilot of the 53173 Sealdah-Lalgola Passenger train allegedly overshot a red signal and came in the way of...
- Railways to take steps to prevent fall in passenger booking News Entry# 160253
by: Jayashree▸❖◂Amita** Today (3:42PM)
Worried over decline in passenger bookings, cash-strapped railways have initiated steps like intensified checking against ticketless travel.
"There was a sharp fall (passenger booking) till August. But in September and October, we have arrested the fall through intensive ticket checking," Chairman,...
- Indian Supreme Court gives bail to former Railway Minister serving jail term in graft case News Entry# 160252
by: rdb** Today (3:40PM)
The Indian Supreme Court on Friday granted bail to the country's former Railway Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav currently serving a five-year jail term for his involvement in a fodder scam when he was the Chief Minister of the eastern state of Bihar.
- Entry# 932140
Over the last month, several enhancements have been made to the IRI Atlas. Following are the salient points:
1. Previously, the tracks were crude with many straight line segments. Only on clicking on the individual tracks, it would assume a finer form. Now, the tracks are refined even on the overview...
- Entry# 914135
Nov 22 (09:32PM)
There's been this recent concern raised by many about the so-called "race blogs", and how they are congesting the Forum. As per our long-standing policy, members are allowed to blog freely, so long as their posts are not offensive or of a repetitive spam nature.
Accordingly, the following changes are being...
- Entry# 871813
Oct 09 2013 (06:44AM)
Some new features have been introduced:
1. Multiple Train & Station tags can be added to each Blog Entry as well as each Blog Reply within the Blog Entry. The "Tags" link within each Blog Entry/Reply will show the list of Train/Station Tags.
2. The Forum submenu within the Train &...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 2013 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 2013 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins