- Subway at Tambaram station in disrepair News Entry# 134075
by: rdb** Today (05:37PM)
Both entry and exit points of the subway are encroached upon by vendors leaving little space for pedestrians to walk.Wherever traffic is chaotic, pedestrian subways and foot over bridges are a solution. There are, however, times when the most carefully planned subways and foot over bridges are rendered less helpful....
- 150 Metro labourers strike work News Entry# 134074
by: rdb** Today (04:55PM)
Over 150 workers of Gammon India, engaged in Chennai Metro Rail work, refused to work on Friday, citing salary dues.The workers, an official said, get a salary of around Rs. 8,000-Rs. 10,000, and were yet to receive the salary for April, which should have been paid by May 7.“A few...
- 60 hurt as US trains collide; New York - Boston corridor closed News Entry# 134073
by: rdb** Today (04:51PM)
Two passenger trains heading in opposite directions collided during rush hour in southwestern Connecticut, injuring 60 people, five of them critically, and closing the key corridor between New York and Boston.A Metro-North train heading from New Haven to New York City derailed around 6:10 p.m. on Friday, hitting the other...
- ASI death: Farmers block rail traffic News Entry# 134072
by: rdb** Today (04:49PM)
Demanding release of their colleagues arrested in connection with the death of an ASI at Jeobala village in Tarn Taran, farmers today blocked rail traffic in Amritsar.The farmers had been protesting since last two consecutive days after 11 farmers were arrested and 44 persons named in connection with death case...
- The million-dollar nephew: Arrest of Vijay Singla by the CBI uncovers a jobs-for-cash scandal that has blown the lid off rampant corruption in railways News Entry# 134071
by: rdb** Today (04:47PM)
As Vijay Singla, 43, self-assuredly sauntered into his mamu's (maternal uncle) posh office on the second floor of Rail Bhavan in Lutyens' Delhi, he was stopped by security personnel on duty. They wanted to see the "pink entry slip" that allows visitors access to the ministerial chambers. As he stood...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins