- Unmanned railway level crossings to be phased out in five years News Entry# 134590
by: rdb** Today (07:19AM)
Between 2006-07 and 2012-13, 84 persons killed and 49 injured
Southern Railway is on course to phase out most unmanned level crossings — a frequent site of fatal accidents — in the next four to five years. In the seven years between 2006-07 and 2012-13, 84 persons had been killed and...
- All India adventure and trekking camp from May 23 to 27 News Entry# 134589
by: rdb** Today (07:18AM)
HUBLI: The Bharat Scouts & Guides (BS&G) of South Western Railway is bestowed of conducting a mega 5-day prestigious event of 02 ndAll Indian Railway Adventure & Trekking Camporee at State Trekking & Training Centre at Castle Rock in Karnataka State from May 23 to 27.Rahul Jain, District President, BS&G...
- UPA highlights Railways' billion ton loadings News Entry# 134588
by: rdb** Today (07:16AM)
The record loading of 1010 million tonnes freight and slight improvement of punctuality and safety have been listed as major achievements of the Railway Ministry during the year by the UPA government. Besides ongoing rail expansion, execution of Dedicated Freight Corridor work and introduction of bio-toilets have also found mention...
- Poor coal throughput causes concern to SECR and East Coast Railway News Entry# 134587
by: rdb** Today (07:16AM)
BL reported that two major coalloading zonal railways, South East Central Railway and East Coast Railway, serving mines under Mahanadi Coalfields Limited in Odisha are a worried lot these days.Road transportation of coal from the pitheads to nearest railheads has been at a low key for some time now and...
- Divisional railway assess its achievement at 12 per cent News Entry# 134586
by: rdb** Today (07:13AM)
BANGALORE: As the new Divisional Railway Users Consultative Committee (DRUCC) meeting sets in, the railway admits to have achieved 12pc cumulative growth in earnings, passenger amenities, new facilities and punctuality of trains. On Wednesday, the new committee started working with the chairmanship of Anil Agarwal, Divisional railway Manager of Bangalore...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins