- Railways plans to install bio-toilets on more trains News Entry# 134224
by: प्रतीक Today (02:49AM)
AURANGABAD: Buoyed by the successful installation of 48 bio-toilets on tow long-distance trains, the South Central Railway (SCR) has decided to replace the existing excreta disposal systems in trains such as Secunderabad-Manmad Ajantha Express that passes through Nizambad, Nanded, Aurangabad and Manmad.
In January this year, the SCR had installed...
- Passengers bypass mega block on Harbour line News Entry# 134223
by: प्रतीक Today (02:45AM)
MUMBAI: A "bypass rail route" helped travellers tide over Sunday's mega block on Harbour line.
A block on Sunday between Mankhurd and Nerul usually paralyzes traffic between Navi Mumbai and Mumbai. Passengers either postpone travel plans and board trains after the mega block, or are forced to come by packed buses...
- Buying a train ticket? Welcome to the gulag News Entry# 134222
by: प्रतीक Today (02:42AM)
Railway policemen herd people entering Moore Market Complex hoping to buy a tatkal ticket to a holding area without seats behind barricades on the ground floor of the building.
They've arrived hours before the counters on the first floor are scheduled to open, expecting to be near the head of...
- Need for speed overrides comfort: More people pick crowded fast locals News Entry# 134221
by: प्रतीक Today (02:39AM)
Mumbai's reputation of a city in a hurry is borne out by a new study that illustrates citizens' preference for fast trains over slow services despite the inconsiderable time saving.
Commissioned by the Mumbai Rail Vikas Corporation (MRVC), the survey identifies peak-hour travel patterns on the suburban rail network. It shows...
- 700 capacity train ferries 3000 Lastupdate:- Mon, 20 May 2013 18:30:00 GMT GreaterKashmir.com News Entry# 134220
by: प्रतीक Today (02:33AM)
Commuters shuttling from various areas of south Kashmir to Srinagar and north Kashmir via train everyday have demanded that Railways should increase frequency and capacity of the trains. The commuters said that with highway getting congested with each passing day, the trains are the only viable and time saving option...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins