- Farmers protest case against leaders News Entry# 134145
by: rdb** Today (07:02AM)
The sudden blockade of rail traffic on the Amritsar-Delhi railway line by farmers to protest against registration of a "false case" against their leaders pertaining to the mysterious death of ASI Kulbir Singh in Tarn Taran delayed the arrival and departure of many trains today.Various farmer organisations under the patronage...
- State’s nod to be sought for relocating district’s sole hockey field News Entry# 134144
by: rdb** Today (06:55AM)
Following the acquisition of a portion of Maharaja’s College ground for the Kochi metro, the district administration has decided to take up with the State government the demand for the relocation of the college’s hockey field and allocation of funds for an Astroturf.This was after district hockey administrators and former...
- Rail brass makes full use of second homes worth up to Rs 50, 000 in extra income News Entry# 134143
by: rdb** Today (06:54AM)
CBI director Ranjit Sinha may be insisting that a probe be held against RPF Association secretary general U S Jha for "retaining accommodation despite retirement and against formal entitlement", but some of the top railway officers enjoying double housing benefits seem to have flown under the radar.Foremost among the beneficiaries...
- Finally, Kukatpally-Hitec City rail over bridge opened News Entry# 134142
by: rdb** Today (06:51AM)
HYDERABAD: The much-delayed Kukatpally rail over bridge (ROB) was finally thrown open for general public on Saturday, giving relief to over two lakh commuters who use the Kukatpally-Madhapur road everyday. The bridge also provides connectivity between the old and new Bombay highways.Hours after the new flyover was opened, an accident...
- Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation seeks ADB loan to fund underground Metro News Entry# 134141
by: rdb** Today (06:49AM)
JAIPUR: To seek funds for construction of underground Metro from Chandpole to BadiChaupar, Phase- I (B), senior officials of Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation (JMRC) on Wednesday met representatives of Asian Development Bank (ADB) in New Delhi.The Planning Commission had forwarded the proposal to the ADB after the JMRC sought the...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins