- 25 Crore Double-Decker Train in Mumbai Already Damaged News Entry# 187683
by: rdb** Yesterday (11:02PM)
At a time when plans for a bullet train are afoot and passengers are demanding better trains with superior facilities, an air-conditioned double-decker train, procured recently for nearly Rs. 25 crore, has been languishing on a siding near Mulund station. Meant to operate on the Mumbai-Goa route, the train has...
- Ministry of Railways Clarifies that There is No Plan Whatsoever to Replace All Second Sleeper Coaches with AC Coaches in Mail and Express Trains News Entry# 187682
by: rdb** Yesterday (10:55PM)
Reports have appeared in some section of the media that Railway Board is considering to replace all 2nd class sleeper coaches in mail and express trains within the next five –six years. This is not correct. The reports have in this connection also mentioned that some trains in Southern Railway...
- Rs. 73,392 crore will be an Estimated Completion Cost of Railways’ Two Dedicated Freight Corridors, Excluding Sonnagar-Dankuni Section News Entry# 187681
by: rdb** Yesterday (10:54PM)
At present two Dedicated Freight Corridors (DFCs) viz. Eastern Corridor (Dankuni-Ludhiana, 1839 Kms.) and the Western Corridor (Jawaharlal Nehru Port Terminal (JNPT) to Dadri, 1499 Kms.) have been sanctioned. On Eastern DFC, construction work is in progress in Mughalsarai-Sonnagar section. Civil contract has also been awarded on 343 Kms. Khurja-Kanpur...
- Railways Plan to Provide wi-fi Facility at Major Stations and in Important Trains News Entry# 187680
by: rdb** Yesterday (10:53PM)
Railway proposes Wi-Fi facility at ‘A1’ & ‘A’ category stations and in 50 rakes of important trains in Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Duranto category. This is in addition to Wi-Fi facility provided in 3 rakes of Howrah-New Delhi-Howrah Rajdhani Express as a pilot project.
- Railways to Install 5000 more Automatic Ticket Vending Machines at Stations News Entry# 187679
by: rdb** Yesterday (10:53PM)
Automatic Ticket Vending Machines operated by Smart Card are already functional over Indian Railways. It is proposed to add another 5000 such machines across all zonal railways, out of which 2000 will be coin operated and 3000 smart cart operated. The procurement will start from this financial year.
- Entry# 998985
Feb 17 2014 (09:34PM)
There was some persistent glitch, requiring us to stop and restart all the servers. This led to a 30 minute outage. Really sorry about that.
Thanks for everyone's patience.
- Entry# 996949
Feb 15 2014 (09:22PM)
There have been some reports that the IRI Atlas is not visible. This seems to be some problem at the Google Maps end.
To resolve this, please log out and log back in, and everything should start working.
- Entry# 952669
Jan 02 2014 (10:20AM)
This is to notify all members that hereafter, topics on the subject of
"Train xyz Running Empty ... # Seats Vacant ..."
will be PROMPTLY DELETED.
Members of IRI need not worry themselves and lose sleep over "IR making losses". IR will take care of it. IR is, in all probability, monitoring their...
- Entry# 932140
Dec 12 2013 (01:34AM)
Over the last month, several enhancements have been made to the IRI Atlas. Following are the salient points:
1. Previously, the tracks were crude with many straight line segments. Only on clicking on the individual tracks, it would assume a finer form. Now, the tracks are refined even on the overview...
- Entry# 914135
Nov 22 2013 (09:32PM)
There's been this recent concern raised by many about the so-called "race blogs", and how they are congesting the Forum. As per our long-standing policy, members are allowed to blog freely, so long as their posts are not offensive or of a repetitive spam nature.
Accordingly, the following changes are being...
- Entry# 871813
Oct 09 2013 (06:44AM)
Some new features have been introduced:
1. Multiple Train & Station tags can be added to each Blog Entry as well as each Blog Reply within the Blog Entry. The "Tags" link within each Blog Entry/Reply will show the list of Train/Station Tags.
2. The Forum submenu within the Train &...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins