Disclaimer   
Search Trains
 ♦ 
×
DOJ:
Dep:
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
Class:
2SSLCCEx3AFC2A1A3E
Type:
 

Train Details
Words:
LHB/ICF:
Pantry:
In-Coach Catering/Pantry Car
Loco:
Reversal:
Rake Reversal at Any Stn
Rake:
RSA:
With RSA
Inaug:
 to 
# Halts: to 
Trvl Time: to  (in hrs)
Distance: to  (in kms)
Speed: to  (in km/h)

Departure Details
Include nearby Stations:      ONLY this Station:
Dep Between:    
Dep PF#:
Reversal:
Rake Reversal at Dep Stn

Arrival Details
Include nearby Stations:      ONLY this Station:
Arr Days:
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
Arr Between:    
Arr PF#:
Reversal:
Rake Reversal at Arr Stn

Search
2-month Availability Calendar
  Go  
Full Site Search
  Search  
 
Fri Sep 30, 2016 17:18:09 ISTHomeTrainsΣChainsAtlasPNRForumGalleryNewsFAQTripsLoginFeedback
Fri Sep 30, 2016 17:18:09 IST
PostPostPost Trn TipPost Trn TipPost Stn TipPost Stn TipAdvanced Search
Kalighat - Falta Railway  
1 Answers
Feb 17 2014 (10:13PM)
Site-related

Entry# 1759     
জয়দীপ JOYDEEP जय़दीप*^~
Kalighat - Falta Railway

★★  Rail Fanning
1 Followers
15200 views
Jul 05 2013 (3:24PM)
Blog Post# 800921-0     
জয়দীপ JOYDEEP जय़दीप*^~   Added by: জয়দীপ JOYDEEP जय़दीप*^~  Feb 17 2014 (10:13PM)
Kalighat falta railway .
The 8 coaches train with stream locomative was standing GHOLSHAPUR STATION , behala..
source : click here
*
The Kalighat Falta Railway (KFR) was one of four lines built in the
...
more...
early part of the 20th Century by McLeod & Company, a subsidiary of a London company of managing agents, McLeod Russell & Co. Ltd, to open up undeveloped parts of India, all of them in and around Kolkata.
The running of the trains were managed by a company called the McLeod's Light Railways. This company also owned and managed the Ahmedpur-Katwa, Burdwan- Katwa and the Bankura Damodar Railway lines.
KFR was 26.95 miles (43.37 km) long, opened on 28 May 1917 from Gholeshapur in Behala to Falta and was extended a further 0.92 miles (1.48 km) to kalighat on 7 May 1920.
The lines used were a 2' 6" gauge railway track.
The KFR line was the first in India to use three brand new 2-6-2 side tank AK16 locomotives, built in November 1916 by W. G. Bagnall Ltd. of the Castle Engine Works at Stafford in England. They entered service with KFR in February, 1917. The 'AK' in the name stood for 'Ahmedpur-Katwa'. They were also known as the 'Delta Class' engines (since they were originally ordered by the Egyptian Delta Light Railways but were more successful in India) and they were very successful and a lot many were used in the following years till 1953 when the last order was placed. One of the 1916 built Bagnall locomotives has been preserved by the Phyllis Rampton Trust in the UK.
The Kalighat Falta line closed in 1957.
Some years after the independence of India, when the British owners, McLeod, folded up their operations in India, and the new Government of India and the Government of West Bengal thought it best to close down this stretch of railway tracks. The reclaimed land, from where the tracks used to be, has been used to construct a road - the James Long Sarani in Behala.
data source : wikipedia
.
stations :
Kalighat ( now known as New Alipore railway station )
Gholesapur , Behala
Sakher bazar
Thakurpukur
Pailan
Bhasa
Halt No.1
Udairampur
Amtala hat
Halt No. 2 , PratibhaNagar
Halt no 3 Rajarhat
Shirakol
Sibanipur also known as Fatepur.
Dighirpar
Harindanga
Halt no 4 , known as Belsingha
Sahararhat
Falta
.
Station source : our admin Sourabh da ( Meter guage )
Scroll to Top
Scroll to Bottom


Go to Mobile site