- Metro Stations near Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam centers on DMRC website. News Entry# 134419
by: rdb** Today (08:27PM)
Delhi Metro has compiled a list of all Metro stations nearest to the examination centers of the Civil service (Preliminary) Examination scheduled to be held on 26th May, 2013.There are a total of 356 centers in Delhi for this year’s Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination. The list taken out by Delhi...
- Cover Story: how is it to be on the longest train journey in India News Entry# 134418
by: Krishnan Manthal*^ Today (08:09PM)
On A hot summer afternoon in 1853, as the first steam locomotive pulled out of Bombay, India entered the rail era. Today, 160 years later, even at a time when the Railways are making headlines for the wrong reasons, a ride aboard the Vivek Express is the opportunity of a
- Revealed! Gorakhpur railway cops double up as touts; arrange seats for a price News Entry# 134417
by: rdb** Today (08:07PM)
Gorakhpur: The city railway station has been in the headlines for all the wrong reasons, for sometime now, with cases of heist and pushing travellers off the coaches coming to light. The GRP and the RPF tasked with the security of the passengers seem to have put their hands up,...
- Derailment due to weld-failure: Railways News Entry# 134416
by: rdb** Today (08:05PM)
A "weld failure" had caused the derailing of Muzaffarpur-Yesvantpur Express here last month which killed one person and injured 32 others, according to the provisional findings of the Railway Safety Commissioner. S K Mittal, Commissioner for Railway Safety, Southern Railway, had held a statutory inquiry into the derailment. "According to...
- Special AC coaches for paramilitary troops in four trains News Entry# 134415
by: rdb** Today (07:57PM)
An additional air-conditioned coach has now been introduced for exclusive use of central paramilitary personnel in four Express trains.The AC-III tier coaches will have 64 seats each and they have been authorised to four trains- Awadh-Assam Express (Guwahati-Lalgarh), Lal Quila Express (Kolkata-Delhi), Kolkata-Jammu Tawi Express (Kolkata-Jammu) and Andaman Express (Chennai...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins