- Maoists blast railway track in Jharkhand News Entry# 174032
by: rdb** Today (5:43AM)
Maoist guerrillas blasted a railway track in Jharkhand's Bokaro district early Thursday, police said.
The Maoists destroyed a 1.5 meter long stretch of the track between Dania and Jogeshwar Bihar station, affecting services of six trains, officials said.
- The high-speed trains are coming News Entry# 174031
by: rdb** Today (5:36AM)
With private participation, we can whizz along key metro corridors
The recent visit to China by a high-powered delegation could soon turn Indian Railways’ ‘high speed’ dreams into reality.The delegation, under the leadership of Montek Singh Ahluwalia, included the Chairman of...
- 7 Ingenious Trains That Slide Up the Slopes So You Don't Have to News Entry# 174030
by: rdb** Today (5:34AM)
Walk? Like up that giant hill? Yeah, no. This ain't the 15th century, we have funiculars for that now. In fact, here are seven of the swankiest ground-based gondolas to ever put the "fun" in "climbing steep-ass inclines without breaking a sweat".
- Delhi Metro might see change of guard News Entry# 174029
by: rdb** Today (5:21AM)
In a recent proposal sent to the Union Home Ministry, the Urban Development Ministry is learnt to have recommended that the Delhi Police was more suited to securing the Delhi Metro than the Central Industrial Security Force which took over soon after metro services were launched in the Capital.However, the...
- Work at Muttom metro yard stopped for second day News Entry# 174028
by: rdb** Today (5:17AM)
Of the 53 acres acquired for the project, authorities are yet to provide compensation for 10 acres.
Work on the metro casting yard at Muttom near Aluva came to a halt for the second consecutive day on Wednesday with a section...
- Entry# 998985
Feb 17 2014 (09:34PM)
There was some persistent glitch, requiring us to stop and restart all the servers. This led to a 30 minute outage. Really sorry about that.
Thanks for everyone's patience.
- Entry# 996949
Feb 15 2014 (09:22PM)
There have been some reports that the IRI Atlas is not visible. This seems to be some problem at the Google Maps end.
To resolve this, please log out and log back in, and everything should start working.
- Entry# 952669
Jan 02 2014 (10:20AM)
This is to notify all members that hereafter, topics on the subject of
"Train xyz Running Empty ... # Seats Vacant ..."
will be PROMPTLY DELETED.
Members of IRI need not worry themselves and lose sleep over "IR making losses". IR will take care of it. IR is, in all probability, monitoring their...
- Entry# 932140
Dec 12 2013 (01:34AM)
Over the last month, several enhancements have been made to the IRI Atlas. Following are the salient points:
1. Previously, the tracks were crude with many straight line segments. Only on clicking on the individual tracks, it would assume a finer form. Now, the tracks are refined even on the overview...
- Entry# 914135
Nov 22 2013 (09:32PM)
There's been this recent concern raised by many about the so-called "race blogs", and how they are congesting the Forum. As per our long-standing policy, members are allowed to blog freely, so long as their posts are not offensive or of a repetitive spam nature.
Accordingly, the following changes are being...
- Entry# 871813
Oct 09 2013 (06:44AM)
Some new features have been introduced:
1. Multiple Train & Station tags can be added to each Blog Entry as well as each Blog Reply within the Blog Entry. The "Tags" link within each Blog Entry/Reply will show the list of Train/Station Tags.
2. The Forum submenu within the Train &...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins