- Chairman Railway Board Inaugurates a photo Exhibition to Commemorate 160 Years of Indian Railways News Entry# 134673
by: punampandey65 Today (01:03AM)
Chairman, Railway Board Shri Vinay Mittal inaugurated a photo exhibition at Twin Art Gallery, Indira Gandhi Kala Kender, Janpath, New Delhi, which was organised by the Ministry of Railways to commemorate the 160 years of Indian Railways. The exhibition remains open for public from 10.30 a.m to 7.00 p.m. daily...
- HC refuses to stay BMRCL recruitments News Entry# 134672
by: प्रतीक Today (12:37AM)
The High Court, on Thursday, refused to stay the recruitment to various posts in Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) and adjourned the matter.
City-based advocate Bajantri Madappa had filed a petition seeking that the notifications dated January 23, May 14 and May 15, 2013, issued by BMRCL be set aside,...
- Delhi Metro stations to be under increased surveillance | NDTV.com News Entry# 134671
by: प्रतीक Today (12:34AM)
Security agencies have decided to bring Delhi metro stations under increased surveillance cover and share intelligence in case of any untoward activity to the facilities in the wake of recent incidents of firing and people organising protests on rail tracks.
During a meeting of top Delhi, Haryana and Uttar Pradesh Police,...
- In the Driver’s Seat - Indian Express News Entry# 134670
by: प्रतीक Today (12:32AM)
The mention of Indian Railways conjures up images that embody quintessential characteristics of living and travelling in India. One is accustomed to the blue-clad berths, the ubiquitous pantry service, the classical music radio that crackles periodically with news announcements, and the vocal food vendors at stations. Now, an exhibition in...
- Pawan Bansal's great train robbery : India, News - India Today News Entry# 134669
by: प्रतीक Today (12:30AM)
"Akele mein pariwaar ki definition bataun kya baad mein? (Should I tell you the definition of family alone, later?)," Pawan Kumar Bansal, 64, menacingly threatened a television reporter outside his Chandigarh house on May 12, two days after his ignominious dismissal from the Union Cabinet. The nonplussed scribe, who had...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins