- BMC to install CCTV cameras to monitor waterlogging - Indian Express News Entry# 134133
by: •°¯•• ρяαтєєк ••´¯°• Today (02:19AM)
BMC has decided to install CCTV cameras at chronic waterlogging areas in Mumbai in what it claims is an attempt to circumvent "unreliable" media coverage of the problem.
BMC will install cameras at Hindmata Circle, Maratha Mandir, Nana Chowk, Sakhubai Mohite Marg, Gawade Chowk, near Parel TT flyover, Sewri cross road...
- No FIR, no help: GRP ignores injured commuter’s call for aid - Hindustan Times News Entry# 134132
by: •°¯•• ρяαтєєк ••´¯°• Today (02:14AM)
When a 24-year-old woman commuter called the Government Railway Police (GRP) helpline after being hit by a stone while travelling in a local train in Thane, she was told there was nothing that could be done.
The apathetic behaviour of the GRP comes on the heels of an incident that took...
- Prof collecting alms for poor in train held for begging News Entry# 134131
by: •°¯•• ρяαтєєк ••´¯°• Today (02:11AM)
Known for gathering funds to build educational institutes for the poor by asking for vidya daan (education alms) on the city’s local trains, professor Sandeep Desai was in for a rude shock on Friday night when the railway protection force (RPF) arrested him on charges of begging and causing nuisance.
- Andhra Pradesh’s rail stations most sought-after for film shoots News Entry# 134130
by: •°¯•• ρяαтєєк ••´¯°• Today (02:09AM)
HYDERABAD: Railways, they say is the lifeline of India and movie makers taking a cue from the line are making a beeline to Andhra Pradesh's railway stations with a camera crew in tow.
The state which has some scenic railway stations, is witnessing an increased preference among production houses, preferring...
- Sundayobserver.lk: Business & Finance | Medawachchiya-Madhu Road rail service begins News Entry# 134129
by: •°¯•• ρяαтєєк ••´¯°• Today (01:31AM)
The train services from Medawachchiya to the Madhu Road station on the northern railway track was inaugurated by Minister for Economic Development, Basil Rajapaksa and Minister of Transport, Kumara Welgama, last week.The segment which covers 43 kilometres of the 252-kilometre project was completed on schedule by Ircon International, a government...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins