- Successful trial run on Udhampur-Katra track News Entry# 159238
by: rdb** Today (7:06AM)
Chief Executive Officer, Udhampur-Baramulla rail section, SK Koul today conducted the trial run of the engine from the Udhampur station and reached Katra, covering the 25-km track successfully. He was accompanied by a team of officials.They started off at 9.20...
- ECoR to run special trains News Entry# 159237
by: rdb** Today (6:56AM)
With a view to providing comfortable journey to passengers during winter season and also to clear waitlisted passengers during the peak season from December to January, Railways have planned to run more pairs of special trains from and to East Coast Railway. According to an official release, 08009 Santragachhi-Puri special...
- From railway platform to celebrity photographer News Entry# 159236
by: rdb** Today (6:55AM)
His photographs have been displayed in exhibitions all over the world. He was recently invited by the British Royal family for dinner hosted by Prince Edward. World class photographer-turned street urchin Vicky Roy came here to inaugurate an art exhibition of paintings by students at an ‘on-the-spot’ contest on the...
- Ticket-checking drive nets 2.43 crore News Entry# 159235
by: rdb** Today (6:54AM)
The South Central Railway Vijayawada division garnered Rs 2.43 crore during ticket-checking drive conducted on passenger and express trains last month.
A total of 83,263 cases of ticket-less travel and un-booked luggage were registered, according to a press release. Eighty six...
- Renaming ceremony News Entry# 159234
by: rdb** Today (6:54AM)
Narayanapet Road Railway Station, in Yadgir taluk, will be renamed Saidapur Railway station at a ceremony on Sunday. Minister for Textiles and Ports and district in-charge, Baburao Chinchanasur, will inaugurate the ceremony, stated a release.
- Entry# 914135
Nov 22 (09:32PM)
There's been this recent concern raised by many about the so-called "race blogs", and how they are congesting the Forum. As per our long-standing policy, members are allowed to blog freely, so long as their posts are not offensive or of a repetitive spam nature.
Accordingly, the following changes are being...
- Entry# 871813
Oct 09 2013 (06:44AM)
Some new features have been introduced:
1. Multiple Train & Station tags can be added to each Blog Entry as well as each Blog Reply within the Blog Entry. The "Tags" link within each Blog Entry/Reply will show the list of Train/Station Tags.
2. The Forum submenu within the Train &...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 2013 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 2013 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins