- City railway station is filthy and without water News Entry# 134452
by: rdb** Today (05:43AM)
SURAT: It is said that the first impression is the last impression. One wonders what impressions do the visitors from other states and abroad take back upon their arrival at Surat railway station. The Diamond City is ranked as the world's fourth fastest growing cities. But the first thing that...
- At Shivajinagar station, it’s a daily battle for passengers News Entry# 134451
by: Jayashree ▪❖▪ Amita** Today (02:27AM)
Shivjajinagar railway station paints a dismal picture when it comes to passenger safety and convenience. While the cramped and narrow gates lead to many passengers missing their trains, especially during rush hours, the absence of security personnel or metal detectors at the gates speaks volumes about the poor security scenario...
- Wagon catches fire at Tulzapur News Entry# 134450
by: Jayashree ▪❖▪ Amita** Today (02:25AM)
NAGPUR: Railways seem to be feeling the pinch of heatwave in the region. A box wagon, suspected to be laden with explosive material, caught fire at Tulzapur near Wardha on Tuesday. A major tragedy was averted due to alertness of railway staff. The rake with 42 wagons was headed for...
- Railway board wants Integral Coach Factory to share coach design, workers refuse News Entry# 134449
by: Jayashree ▪❖▪ Amita** Today (02:24AM)
CHENNAI: The Integral Coach Factory is under pressure to gift away its designs for suburban trains and express trains to private firms that have been given the manufacturing contract. A team of railway board officials visited the ICF at Perambur on Tuesday and tried to convince the workers union to...
- Off track: Cleanliness, security at Pune railway station News Entry# 134448
by: Jayashree ▪❖▪ Amita** Today (02:23AM)
The Railway Ministry's promise to make the Pune railway station a world class one remains far off the mark, with lack of cleanliness and poor security being a perennial complaint of passengers. Only the main platform, number 1, looks somewhat clean. All other platforms are littered with empty water bottles...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins