- INDONESIA RAIL AND TANKER LORRY CROSSES AT GATE News Entry# 159856
by: srinivasvasanthi Today (7:39AM)
In Indonesia at JAKARTHA gas tanker lorry met with train accident at railway gate and rail engine over turned and lorry got fired due to gas.The fire service people arrived and take action during firing of gas lorry in short notice. I appreciate the fire service arrival mechanism in the...
- Train chugs to Katra, PM to inaugurate link next month News Entry# 159855
by: rdb** Today (7:04AM)
The fourteen bogies train with General Manager Northern Railway V K Gupta and various sectional heads on board reached Katra Railway Station at 10.00 AM. It crossed T-1 tunnel which created lots of hurdles earlier and Jhajjar Bridge which has a height of 82 meters, 10 meters more than the...
- Rlys to extend trips of special trips as waiting lists get longer News Entry# 159854
by: rdb** Today (7:02AM)
Looking at the increasing number of waiting lists in some of the trains plying from Chandigarh to various destinations, Ambala Division, Northern Railway, has extended trips of some of the existing special trains. These include Chandigarh Dibrugarh special train, which has been extended for 9 trips from December 8 to...
- Smooth trials signal opening of Katra-Udhampur rail track soon News Entry# 159853
by: rdb** Today (7:01AM)
The trial runs on the Katra-Udhampur rail link were completed successfully today. The track will be thrown open to traffic in January next year. The rail section is part of the Udhampur-Katra-Reasi-Qazigund-Kashmir rail link.The first successful trial run of an...
- Easy climb at railway station in new year News Entry# 159852
by: rdb** Today (6:52AM)
A gift, make that two, await passengers passing through Patna Junction in the new year.To ensure easy movement, Indian Railways is working on installing two escalators at platform numbers 1 and 10 at Patna Junction. The escalators, coming up at a cost of Rs 1.5 crore would be opened to...
- Entry# 914135
Nov 22 (09:32PM)
There's been this recent concern raised by many about the so-called "race blogs", and how they are congesting the Forum. As per our long-standing policy, members are allowed to blog freely, so long as their posts are not offensive or of a repetitive spam nature.
Accordingly, the following changes are being...
- Entry# 871813
Oct 09 2013 (06:44AM)
Some new features have been introduced:
1. Multiple Train & Station tags can be added to each Blog Entry as well as each Blog Reply within the Blog Entry. The "Tags" link within each Blog Entry/Reply will show the list of Train/Station Tags.
2. The Forum submenu within the Train &...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 2013 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 2013 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins