- 29 Premium Trains Introduced by Indian Railways During April to June 2014-15 News Entry# 186878
by: rdb** Today (1:16AM)
The Indian Railways introduced 29 premium special trains during April to June 2014-15 which did 702 trips. Premium trains are schedule time tabled trains and do not interfere with the schedules of other time tabled trains.
During the period April to...
- Unmanned level crossing accidents result in 59% deaths as per Railways' High Level Committee Report News Entry# 186877
by: rdb** Today (1:13AM)
The tragedy of an unmanned level crossing in Hyderabad, killing 17 school children on Thursday, exposes the negligence of Indian Railways in eliminating such crossings as recommended by its own expert committee of 2012
By Vinita Deshmukh
- 4 rail projects in NE affected for want of forestry clearance News Entry# 186876
by: rdb** Today (1:10AM)
NEW DELHI: Four key railways projects in the North Eastern region have been affected for want of forestry clearances, the government said today.Noting that several railway projects are pending due to want of forest clearances, Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda said efforts are being made to speed up approvals."Four...
- Delhi Metro to let companies buy the right to name stations News Entry# 186875
by: rdb** Today (1:05AM)
NEW DELHI: In a first for Delhi Metro, station names are up for grabs, albeit at a price. Delhi Metro Rail Corporation is going to auction off rights to have stations named after companies and their brands.
The move, which Metro...
- Nine rail corridors to have 160-200 km per hour speed News Entry# 186874
by: rdb** Today (1:02AM)
NEW DELHI: Railways has identified nine corridors for taking action to raise the speed of passenger trains to 160-200 kmph, the Rajya Sabha was told today.
The routes are Delhi-Agra, Delhi-Chandigarh, Delhi-Kanpur, Nagpur-Bilaspur, Mysore-Bengaluru-Chennai, Mumbai-Goa, Mumbai-Ahmedabad, Chennai-Hyderabad and Nagpur-Secunderabad, Minister of...
- Entry# 998985
Feb 17 2014 (09:34PM)
There was some persistent glitch, requiring us to stop and restart all the servers. This led to a 30 minute outage. Really sorry about that.
Thanks for everyone's patience.
- Entry# 996949
Feb 15 2014 (09:22PM)
There have been some reports that the IRI Atlas is not visible. This seems to be some problem at the Google Maps end.
To resolve this, please log out and log back in, and everything should start working.
- Entry# 952669
Jan 02 2014 (10:20AM)
This is to notify all members that hereafter, topics on the subject of
"Train xyz Running Empty ... # Seats Vacant ..."
will be PROMPTLY DELETED.
Members of IRI need not worry themselves and lose sleep over "IR making losses". IR will take care of it. IR is, in all probability, monitoring their...
- Entry# 932140
Dec 12 2013 (01:34AM)
Over the last month, several enhancements have been made to the IRI Atlas. Following are the salient points:
1. Previously, the tracks were crude with many straight line segments. Only on clicking on the individual tracks, it would assume a finer form. Now, the tracks are refined even on the overview...
- Entry# 914135
Nov 22 2013 (09:32PM)
There's been this recent concern raised by many about the so-called "race blogs", and how they are congesting the Forum. As per our long-standing policy, members are allowed to blog freely, so long as their posts are not offensive or of a repetitive spam nature.
Accordingly, the following changes are being...
- Entry# 871813
Oct 09 2013 (06:44AM)
Some new features have been introduced:
1. Multiple Train & Station tags can be added to each Blog Entry as well as each Blog Reply within the Blog Entry. The "Tags" link within each Blog Entry/Reply will show the list of Train/Station Tags.
2. The Forum submenu within the Train &...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins