- Kerala planning to include Waynad in the train network News Entry# 159297
by: Jayashree▸❖◂Amita** Today (1:44PM)
Kalpetta (Kerala): Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy today said the government was planning to include Wayanad, which has no rail connectivity, in the train network.
The Railway Ministery has made a critieria that the government should provide 50 per cent of...
- Second meeting held in Dhaka over Agartala-Akhaura Rail Link News Entry# 159296
by: Jayashree▸❖◂Amita** Today (1:43PM)
AGARTALA: The second steering committee meeting between India and Bangladesh over the construction of a 15-km railway track between Agartala and Akhaura ended in Dhaka on Tuesday. The meeting discussed a detail report of the proposed railway project and issues related to land acquisition on both sides of the border.
- Local train commuters fume as railway plies smaller rakes News Entry# 159295
by: Jayashree▸❖◂Amita** Today (1:43PM)
PUNE: Daily commuters on Lonavla-bound local trains faced severe hardships in the last three days after some coaches were disconnected by the Central Railway Pune division. About 20 trips ran with nine coaches, instead of 12 coaches leading to overcrowding. Besides the removal of coaches, two trips on the Pune-Lonavla...
- Women RPF on board Ladies Compartments, to escort women in trains News Entry# 159294
by: Jayashree▸❖◂Amita** Today (1:41PM)
Adityapur (ADTP): Women aboard long-distance trains departing from Tatanagar can hope for a safe ride, courtesy the Railway Police Force (RPF).
Inspector-general of RPF P.K. Agrawal, during a visit to Tatanagar and Adityapur railway stations on Wednesday, declared that from henceforth,...
- Paucity of funds hampers Railway Works: GM/SR Misra News Entry# 159293
by: Jayashree▸❖◂Amita** Today (1:39PM)
Melappalaiyam (MP): Paucity of funds has affected execution of development works at railway stations as well as other railway works in a big way, General Manager of Southern Railway Rakesh Misra has said.
After inaugurating the work on converting Melapalayam railway...
- Entry# 914135
Nov 22 (09:32PM)
There's been this recent concern raised by many about the so-called "race blogs", and how they are congesting the Forum. As per our long-standing policy, members are allowed to blog freely, so long as their posts are not offensive or of a repetitive spam nature.
Accordingly, the following changes are being...
- Entry# 871813
Oct 09 2013 (06:44AM)
Some new features have been introduced:
1. Multiple Train & Station tags can be added to each Blog Entry as well as each Blog Reply within the Blog Entry. The "Tags" link within each Blog Entry/Reply will show the list of Train/Station Tags.
2. The Forum submenu within the Train &...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 2013 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 2013 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins