- Experts think vertical growth along metro rail is the answer News Entry# 134581
by: rdb** Today (12:03AM)
CHENNAI: As work on the metro rail network in the city races ahead, experts have called for increasing the floor space index (FSI) of buildings along the route. This, they feel, will bring more people to the area and better patronage for the network. FSI is the ratio of land...
- Sarai Rohilla Exp to run as F’pur Intercity from May 27 News Entry# 134580
by: rdb** Yesterday (11:59PM)
The Bathinda-Delhi Sarai Rohilla Express train will now be run as the Ferozepur Intercity from Ferozepur.A temporary train, the Delhi Sarai Rohilla Express had no charted schedule and has been missing from the websites of the Railways and tourism departments since February 1, 2013.The 04010 Bathinda-Delhi Sarai Rohilla Express train...
- Engine of goods train catches fire in Khannva News Entry# 134579
by: rdb** Yesterday (11:54PM)
A major tragedy was averted when an engine of a goods train caught fire. The train was stopped at the Khanna railway station as soon as the driver witnessed.Yash Pal Gomi, fire officer, Khanna, said they got a call in the morning in this regard and they rushed to the...
- Travel agent’s office raided; fake railway tickets seized News Entry# 134578
by: rdb** Yesterday (11:53PM)
The Railway Protection Force (RPF) raided a travel agent’s office at Giaspura and seized 219 fake tickets of advance booking here today.The raid was conducted by a team of the railway force, led by Inspector Jaswant Singh.Inspector Jaswant Singh said Hari Parsad, the owner of a shop (Janta Travel),...
- Man knocked down by speeding train | The Hindu News Entry# 134577
by: rdb** Yesterday (11:26PM)
A 39-year-old-man was fatally knocked down by a train between Sendurai and Mathur railway stations in the Tiruchi- Vriddhachalam BG section on Sunday. The victim was identified as S. Panneerselvam of Sendurai in Ariyalur district. Railway Police sources said Panneerselvam was crossing the track when a train knocked him down...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins