- Land for Delhi Metro 40 times dearer News Entry# 134070
by: rdb** Today (04:41PM)
NEW DELHI: Delhi government will now charge Delhi Metro up to 30-40 times more for selling its DUSIB land to DMRC for construction of its Phase-III line. In its latest decision, Delhi Urban Shelter Improvement Board has decided to sell its land to DMRC as per circle rates. The decision...
- NHRC notice to police officials over woman's death in Uttar Pradesh News Entry# 134069
by: rdb** Today (04:40PM)
NEW DELHI: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has sought reports from the Ghaziabad police and Government Railway Police over the death of a woman who was allegedly pushed off a train with her infant daughter. The commission has issued notices to the senior superintendent of police (SSP) Ghaziabad, and...
- Students wow railway authorities with their designs on safety News Entry# 134068
by: rdb** Today (04:25PM)
About 100 students designed projects on safety in railways including automatic coach guidance, signal control system and submitted a thesis to the South Central Railway (SCR) authorities.The engineering students who designed the circuits and software programmes displayed them before the Vijayawada Division Railway officials at Railway Auditorium on Friday. The...
- Days after CM threw it open, GSRTC terms railway overbridge accident-prone - Indian Express News Entry# 134067
by: rdb** Today (04:20PM)
A circular by transport corporation asks its buses not to ply on that route.Days after it was thrown open to public by Chief Minister Narendara Modi, the triangular railway over-bridge (ROB) on busy Gondal road of the city has been declared "accident-prone" by Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC).The Rajkot...
- SOUTHERN RAILWAY CELEBRATES WORLD TELECOM DAY News Entry# 134066
by: rdb** Today (04:12PM)
Southern Railway celebrated World Telecom Day on 17.05.2013. Shri Rakesh Misra, General Manager, Dr. G. Narayanan, Additional General Manager, Shri S. Manohar, Chief Signal & Telecommunication Engineer, Shri R. Baskaran, Chief...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins