- Rail Wheel Factory contract workers to go on strike News Entry# 134981
by: rdb** Today (09:19AM)
As many as 179 contract workers of the Rail Wheel Factory here in Yelahanka will go on a symbolic strike on June 3 to protest against the delay in regularising their services. The contract workers who have put in over 30 years of service, will strike work under the aegis...
- Salem-Karur guage project hit by delay in land acquisition News Entry# 134980
by: rdb** Today (09:19AM)
It is the delay in acquiring 346.71 hectares hit the the Salem – Namakkal – Karur broad gauge project dragging it for over 15 years.With representations from traders and the general public in these districts, the then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi sanctioned Rs. 1 crore to carry out feasibility study...
- An excitement to share and a moment to cherish News Entry# 134979
by: rdb** Today (09:08AM)
For those men, women, and children who made it to the inaugural run of the passenger service from Salem to Karur via Namakkal on Saturday, it was a memorable occasion to share with their kin and friends.“I can’t explain it all, but I feel as if I piloted the train...
- Trains cancelled for three months News Entry# 134978
by: rdb** Today (09:04AM)
The Railways has announced cancellation of two pairs of passenger trains on Sundays for three months from May 26 to August 25 due to the periodical maintenance work on the track and bridges in Madurai division. According to a release from M. K. Gopinath, PRO, Tiruchi Railway Division, Tiruchi-Dindigul passenger...
- New passenger train chugs into grand reception at Karur junction News Entry# 134977
by: rdb** Today (09:02AM)
Salem-Karur passenger service to resume after a day's break on Sunday
The new passenger train operated on the newly-laid Salem-Namakkal-Karur broad gauge track arrived to a tumultuous welcome at Karur junction, where over 1,000 people gathered on Saturday.Jubilant crowd with flags too thronged the newly-established Vangal station to accord a rousing...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 2013 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins