- Two labourers pushed out of train, one dead News Entry# 159375
by: rdb** Today (7:02AM)
Two migrant labourers were thrown out of a train running between Bathinda and Delhi after being looted of Rs 50,000 and a mobile phone by some unidentified miscreants.Chhote Lal died on the spot while Vipin is being treated at the...
- NY train wreck engineer suspended without pay News Entry# 159374
by: rdb** Today (6:55AM)
The engineer driving the commuter train that went off the rails in New York City last weekend has been suspended without pay.
A spokesman for Metro-North Railroad said on Thursday that William Rockefeller is “out of service, and not being paid.”
- URV demands railway zone for Vizag News Entry# 159373
by: rdb** Today (6:54AM)
The proposals being sent by the authorities of Waltair Division to the East Coast Railway (ECoR) Zone Headquarters in Bhubaneswar are being rejected without even being sent to the Railway Board, president of Uttarandhra Rakshana Vedika (URV) S.S. Shiva Sankar said.
- Gooty diesel loco shed celebrates golden jubilee News Entry# 159372
by: rdb** Today (6:53AM)
The Diesel Loco Shed of the South Central Railway at Gooty town celebrated its golden jubilee year of existence here on Thursday amidst much fanfare and nostalgia, replete with retired employees of the initial years. Speaking as the chief guest of the programme, P.C. Gajbhiye, Chief Mechanical Engineer of the...
- CM: State ready to fund Nilambur-Nanjangud rail News Entry# 159371
by: rdb** Today (6:52AM)
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has said the government will bear 50 per cent cost of the proposed Nilambur- Sulthan Bathery- Nanjangud rail project, which will provide rail connectivity to Wayanad district.
After launching the second phase of the mass contact programme...
- Entry# 914135
Nov 22 (09:32PM)
There's been this recent concern raised by many about the so-called "race blogs", and how they are congesting the Forum. As per our long-standing policy, members are allowed to blog freely, so long as their posts are not offensive or of a repetitive spam nature.
Accordingly, the following changes are being...
- Entry# 871813
Oct 09 2013 (06:44AM)
Some new features have been introduced:
1. Multiple Train & Station tags can be added to each Blog Entry as well as each Blog Reply within the Blog Entry. The "Tags" link within each Blog Entry/Reply will show the list of Train/Station Tags.
2. The Forum submenu within the Train &...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 2013 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 2013 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins