- The job scam gravy train is pervasive....should every minister resign? :What happens if? News Entry# 134177
by: rdb** Today (08:55AM)
The Railway Minister Pawan Bansal was forced to quit soon after the parliament was pre-maturely adjourned following the Rail gate job scam. The scam was brought to light when the CBI booked Vijay Singla the nephew of the minister for accepting a bribe of Rs 90 lakhs ( Rs 9...
- Pakistan’s Railroads Sum Up Nation’s Woes News Entry# 134176
by: rdb** Today (08:40AM)
RUK, Pakistan — Resplendent in his gleaming white uniform and peaked cap, jacket buttons tugging his plump girth, the stationmaster stood at the platform, waiting for a train that would never come. “Cutbacks,” Nisar Ahmed Abro said with a resigned shrug. Ruk Station, in the center of Pakistan, is a...
- Suspended, constable goes missing News Entry# 134175
by: rdb** Today (08:37AM)
Baban Pandharkar, 50, a head constable of CST GRP (Government Railway Police) who was suspended for allegedly being drunk on duty has been missing since April 25. His wife alleges that he disappeared due to harassment by his superiors.The incident took place in the third week of April. Pandharkar...
- BJP slams CBI chief's remarks on ex-railway minister News Entry# 134174
by: rdb** Today (08:36AM)
New Delhi : The BJP Friday took exception to CBI director Ranjit Sinha's remarks that former minister Pawan Kumar Bansal has a strong defence in the case of alleged bribery involving his nephew.BJP vice president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said that Sinha's remarks were "very unfortunate"."The matter is sub judice and...
- Over 20 minute closure of Uppalam level crossing to hit flow of traffic News Entry# 134173
by: rdb** Today (08:35AM)
Railways plan to close the gates at the level crossing for a longer period on Uppalam Road which is very close to Puducherry Railway Station is a matter of concern. As per the railway safety norms, up to 120 metres of the railway track from the platform end where trains...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins