- Railways introduces new train between Lucknow and Varanasi - The Times of India News Entry# 134263
by: Jayashree ▪❖▪ Amita** Today (03:02PM)
LUCKNOW: For the convenience of rail passengers, railways has introduced a new express train.
The train, 14219/14220, will run on six days except Sunday between Varanasi and Lucknow.
Train number 14219 Varanasi-Lucknow Express will depart from Varanasi at 5am (except Sunday) and reach Lucknow at 11.45am the same day.
In the return direction,...
- CST Railway Station To Go Solar News Entry# 134262
by: Jayashree ▪❖▪ Amita** Today (02:16PM)
Monday, May 20, 2013: The famed Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) in Mumbai is soon going to get self sufficient in terms of its power needs. The Central Railway under a pilot project aims to reduce the carbon footprint in Solapur and Tikekarwadi district in Mumbai. It is greatly looking at...
- Kirloskar Electric wins order worth INR 90 million from Indian Railways News Entry# 134261
by: Jayashree ▪❖▪ Amita** Today (02:16PM)
Kirloskar Electric Company, an Indian electrical company, received an order worth INR 90 million from Indian Railways. The order if for supply of 34 units of 500kVA and 750 volts DG sets for power cars of Rajdhani/ Shatabdi trains.
The DG sets supply power to the air conditioners, lighting in the...
- Official accuses DIG of tipping off Bansal’s nephew before raid, CBI denies News Entry# 134260
by: Jayashree ▪❖▪ Amita** Today (02:15PM)
The CBI may not have revealed who they suspected of having tipped off suspended Railway Board member Mahesh Kumar, but an official has filed an affidavit alleging a Deputy Inspector General (DIG) rank official may have leaked information to another accused about impending raids.
An inspector has filed an application with...
- 30 Rail over bridges in eight years News Entry# 134259
by: Jayashree ▪❖▪ Amita** Today (12:31PM)
As many as 30 railway overbridges (RoBs) and one railway underbridge (RuB) have been constructed in Haryana between 2005 and March 2013 at the cost of Rs 651 crore. An official spokesman said that out of the 31 bridges, 28 ROBs and one RuB were constructed by the Public Works...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins