- DMRC, KMRL signs MoU for phase I of metro rail project News Entry# 134913
by: rdb** Today (08:08PM)
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), and Kochi Metro Rail (KMRL) signed an MoU for the execution of phase I of the Kochi Metro Rail Project.The agreement is in line with the conditions of sanction of the project, by the Government of India. As per MoU signed, DMRC shall be the...
- Central Railway to install escalator at Thane station News Entry# 134912
by: rdb** Today (08:08PM)
The Central Railway Authority is planning to install an escalator at Thane railway station in Maharashtra by June 2013.The escalator will be installed on platforms three and four and connected to the 12 mtr wide foot overbridge at the CST end of the platforms.Currently, on the central railway network, only...
- L&T, Sojitz awarded contract for dedicated freight corridor News Entry# 134911
by: rdb** Today (08:07PM)
A consortium of Larsen and Toubro Ltd (L&T) and Sojitz Corporation, Japan, has bagged an order for dedicated freight corridor project.The conglomerates -- L&T and Sojitz Corp, have secured a contract worth Rs 6,700 crore for design and construction of the 640 km double line track of the western dedicated...
- Kerala Rail Corridor may knock down massive buildings News Entry# 134910
by: rdb** Today (08:06PM)
Kerala High Speed Rail Corporation's envisaged 526 km long corridor in the state, may result in the downfall of 6,500 buildings from Thiruvanvanthapuram to Kasaragod stretch.However, the Corporation is of the view that this can be avoided through elevated structures and tunnelling. Of the total length of 526 km, around...
- Rail-Coal Tar PM: TOO LITTLE TO LATE… News Entry# 134909
by: rdb** Today (08:04PM)
Too little to late. This sums up the ‘forced’ sacking of Union Railway and Law Ministers by a reluctant Prime Minister of “his men”. That too only after sleazy details of graft tumbled out and a sharp rap from the Supreme Court that a livid Congress President stepped in and...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 2013 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins