railways ministry had said in June all regular mail, express and passenger services, as well as suburban trains, will remain cancelled till August 12 as the cases of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) surged in the country.
However, all special trains—15 pairs on the Rajdhani routes since May 12 and 100 pairs operating since June 1—will continue, an official order said.
The Eastern Railway announced a reduction in the frequency of train numbers 02303/02304 Howrah-New Delhi-Howrah Special (via Patna) and 02381/02382 Howrah-New Delhi-Howrah Special (via Dhanbad).
Here is the new schedule:
* Train no 02303-Howrah Special (via Patna) from Howrah will run only on Saturday effective July 11, 2020.
* Train no 02304-New Delhi-Howrah Special (via Patna) from New Delhi will now run only on Sundays effective from July 12, 2020.
* Train no 02381-Howrah-New Delhi Special (via Dhanbad) from Howrah will run only on Thursdays effective July 16, 2020
* Train no 02382-New Delhi-Howrah Special (via Dhanbad) from New Delhi will run only on Fridays effective July 17, 2020.
On July 1, 2020, the Indian Railways (IR) unveiled its maiden initiative of ushering in the era of private operations for running passenger trains over its network. Prima facie this author (a keen watcher of IR for the last three and a half decades, first as an insider-outsider and later as...
बीना. महादेवखेड़ी स्टेशन पर खड़ा एक डीजल इंजन अपने आप चल पड़ा जो उसी लाइन पर आगे खड़े एक इलेक्ट्रिक इंजन से जाकर टकरा गया, जिससे ओएचइ लाइन को नुकसान हुआ है तो वहीं रेल पटरी उखाड़ते हुए इंजन के पहिए मिट्टी में धंस गए। शुक्रवार को रेलवे की एक बड़ी...
रतलाम. रेलवे ने हाल ही में एक बड़ा निर्णय लेते हुए यात्रियों को बड़ी खुशखबरी दे दी है। रेलवे ने जो निर्णय लिया है इससे यात्रियों को बड़ा लाभ होगा। रेलवे के निर्णय ने जो निर्णय लिया है उसके बाद आने वाले दिनों में मध्यप्रदेश, उत्तर प्रदेश सहित कई राज्यों के...
ग्वालियर, आगरा से ललितपुर मार्ग पर ट्रेनों की गति बढ़ाने के लिए रेलवे ने पूरी तरह से कमर कस ली है। 2 महीने में इस रूट पर 110 से बढ़कर 130 किलोमीटर प्रति घंटे की रफ्तार से ट्रेनें दौड़ेगी। इसमें यात्रियों का समय भी बचेगा और ट्रेनें भी जल्द गंतव्य तक...
Over the last few days, there have been concerns expressed by many members that politics are being discussed. Well, with 90% of the trains NOT running over the last 3 months, there is not much rail-fanning happening!!! People have to discuss something. Mature political discussions are allowed in the Topics section,...
To help with the issue of mass tagging of members, we shall soon be expanding the RF Club feature to Pvt Clubs:
1. Any member will be able to create a Pvt Club and invite other members to join. Joining of any Club is voluntary - members cannot be forced to join...
For the last 2 days, I have been putting up some quizzes in the Topics section, with the following design:
1. Each quiz starts with a statement.
2. Then a question, followed by 4-6 choices.
3. AFTER a member makes a choice, all the other choices are revealed, along with the creator's choice and...
This is a notice of a feature soon to be introduced. Currently, we have unique member IDs per member which are hard to remember. We shall soon be introducing "User Handles", as used in Twitter and other social media sites.
1. "User Handles" are a unique combination of letters/numbers - (at least...
This is a note of some experimental changes that will be rolled out soon.
Since most of our RailFans are also interested in playing Video Games like Rail Simulator, Fortnite, etc. a separate section will soon be introduced to discuss the video games that you are playing.
Some further changes will be introduced tomorrow inside the new Topics section.
1. All Topics will have Channels.
2. The name/type of Channel will depend on the Topic. For example, the *air-travel topic will have Channels for the various flight numbers like AI402, UK301, etc. Similarly for Bus Travel, Govt. Jobs, etc.
Important Note:This website NEVER solicits for Money or Donations. Please beware of anyone requesting/demanding money on behalf of IRI. Thanks. Disclaimer: This website has NO affiliation with the Government-run site of Indian Railways. This site does NOT claim 100% accuracy of fast-changing Rail Information. YOU are responsible for independently confirming the validity of information through other sources.