Mission Sheeghra: Indian Railways takes another major leap in freight train operations! In a bid to serve Indian Railways’ freight customers with a smile, the Lucknow Division of the national transporter takes a big step. Under ‘Mission Sheeghra’ of Indian Railways, freight trains attained a maximum permissible speed of 100 km...
Indian Railways has taken another big step towards energy conservation! Now, as soon as a train arrives at the Jabalpur railway station, the lights of the station platform will light up automatically and as soon as the train leaves, some lights will turn off. This interesting arrangement has been made on...
Vande Bharat Express semi-high speed train sets project: The Integral Coach Factory, Chennai has floated tender for as many as 44 semi-high speed rakes or train sets. According to details shared by the Railway Ministry, the due date for opening is 10 July 2020. The financial bid (e-bid) as well as...
To help with the issue of mass tagging of members, we shall soon be expanding the RF Club feature to Pvt Clubs:
1. Any member will be able to create a Pvt Club and invite other members to join. Joining of any Club is voluntary - members cannot be forced to join...
For the last 2 days, I have been putting up some quizzes in the Topics section, with the following design:
1. Each quiz starts with a statement.
2. Then a question, followed by 4-6 choices.
3. AFTER a member makes a choice, all the other choices are revealed, along with the creator's choice and...
This is a notice of a feature soon to be introduced. Currently, we have unique member IDs per member which are hard to remember. We shall soon be introducing "User Handles", as used in Twitter and other social media sites.
1. "User Handles" are a unique combination of letters/numbers - (at least...
This is a note of some experimental changes that will be rolled out soon.
Since most of our RailFans are also interested in playing Video Games like Rail Simulator, Fortnite, etc. a separate section will soon be introduced to discuss the video games that you are playing.
Some further changes will be introduced tomorrow inside the new Topics section.
1. All Topics will have Channels.
2. The name/type of Channel will depend on the Topic. For example, the *air-travel topic will have Channels for the various flight numbers like AI402, UK301, etc. Similarly for Bus Travel, Govt. Jobs, etc.
The long-pending issue of "running out of Imaginary Train numbers" has now been resolved. Hereafter, Imaginary Train number format will be:
IMG(5-digit Train Number)-(Member ID). ALL past Imaginary Trains have been changed accordingly.
This means that the 5-digit number will be unique PER member. Multiple members may reuse the SAME Train Number for...
Important Note:This website NEVER solicits for Money or Donations. Please beware of anyone requesting/demanding money on behalf of IRI. Thanks. Disclaimer: This website has NO affiliation with the Government-run site of Indian Railways. This site does NOT claim 100% accuracy of fast-changing Rail Information. YOU are responsible for independently confirming the validity of information through other sources.