Jan 10 2018 (10:17) Station Tag: Banaswadi/BAND added by karbang~/50057
Jan 10 2018 (10:17) Train Tag: Banaswadi - Ernakulam Superfast Express/22608 added by karbang~/50057
Jan 10 2018 (10:17) Train Tag: Ernakulam - Banaswadi Superfast Express/22607 added by karbang~/50057
Jan 10 2018 (10:17) Train Tag: Banaswadi (Bengaluru) - Ernakulam SF Express/12684 added by karbang~/50057
Jan 10 2018 (10:17) Train Tag: Ernakulam - Banaswadi (Bengaluru) SF Express/12683 added by karbang~/50057
Bengaluru Railway Division’s move to shift the terminus of Ernakulam-bound trains from the Krantivira Sangolli Rayanna Railway Station to Banaswadi from January 4 has made reaching home after a train journey an untold misery for hundreds of passengers. When this reporter and a photographer visited the Banaswadi station at 4 am on Tuesday to take stock of the situation, it was an eerie atmosphere all around. The only official spotted here was the station master in his cabin. A few auto drivers sleeping inside were around. A small group of do-gooders from the Kerala Samajam, a socio-cultural organisation working for the benefit of Malayalis in the city, were bearing the terrible chill and awaiting the arrival of the train on Platform no.... more...
1. Instead of the scheduled time of 4 am, the Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express reached only at 4.50 am. One woman passenger, shocked at the emptiness of the station summed it up aptly: “It feels like as if the train have dumped us in the middle of a forest and just left.” With the waiting room too not opened till 7 am, passengers were literally spotted hanging around the railway station trying to kill time. The only tea stall, which began opening early since January 4, was crowded. Railways has to revoke the decision: Kerala Samajam Bengaluru: The Kerala Samajam has taken on the role that Railway staff are supposed to perform. Bearing the chill, a group has been visiting the station since Tuesday to guide passengers alighting at Banaswadi railway station from trains reaching the City from Ernakulam. Carrying a placard reading ‘Help desk’ a small team stood at Platform-1. C P Victor, Chairman of the East Zone of the group said, “When we came yesterday, there were over 160 nursing students who had to go to Jayangar, Peenya and Uttarahalli from here. They were all waiting here upto 6 am so that they can leave the station after that. There were three patients who were unable to walk, so we brought along an ambulance today to help others in similar situations.” Reji Kumar, General Secretary of the Kerala Samajam, said, “This decision is totally unjustified. I am carrying out a signature campaign and will send the list to the Railway Board. The train should terminate at Yeshwantpur or go back to its terminating station of City railway station.” Passengers will suffer on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays when Ernakulam-bound trains arrive, he added.
If that is the case, can they not park it at cant or bypl and then can be brought to the station prior to departure ? I dont think there is even a water filling option in banaswadi. Railways can take a call which suits them, but what is more important is to have facilities in place prior to shifting. I was surprised to note recently that in entire banaswadi rly station, there is not a single plug point to charge your mobile phone also. BMTC has expressed its inability to ply bus services as the roads are too narrow for them to make turns etc !! So overall the biggest sufferers have been passengers
I hope, u have travelled in BYPL - YPR route, where they have constructed water filling and maintenance facility... They take this train there for secondary maintenance... Parking rakes at BNC or BYPL is next to impossible... And as far as question of BMTC is concerned, it will slowly start plying small buses... People are given option to enter at KJM also.
लखनऊ। ट्रेनों में महिलाओं के साथ छेड़खानी और अन्य परेशानियों को देखते हुए रेलवे हर बोगी में एक पैनिक बटन लगाने की योजना बना रहा है। नॉर्थ ईस्टर्न रेलवे (NER) इसके साथ ही रात के समय में महिला पुलिस जवानों को ट्रेन में तैनात करेगा। इस...
मुंगेर। जमालपुर में चल रहे रेल रूट रिले इंटर लॉ¨कग (आरआरआई) के निर्माण के लिए शनिवार की सुबह ईस्ट केबिन के पास प्वाइंट में मोटर लगाने को लेकर पांच घंटे का मेगा ब्लॉक लिया गया था लेकिन प्वाइंट सही तरीके से सेट नहीं हो सका। नतीजतन दो नंबर और पांच नंबर...
नई दिल्ली - भारतीय रेलवे पांच उत्तर पूर्वी राज्यों के साथ चीन, म्यांमार और बांग्लादेश के सीमावर्ती इलाकों को जोड़ने के लिए कम से कम 40,000 करोड़ रुपये की लागत की कई परियोजनाओं पर काम करेगा। रेलवे अगले दो वर्षों में मणिपुर, मिजोरम, मेघालय, सिक्किम और नगालैंड की राजधानियों को रेलमार्ग...
This an advance announcement of some important changes coming to our Groups.
Pl. read Entry# 2136570 posted more than a year ago. Subsequent to this, some long-pending changes will be introduced in the coming weeks.
At this point, we have many Groups with hundreds of dormant/inactive members who may have left the site...
The following features have been introduced. Pl. check the relevant screenshots.
1. While Posting News, a new "Fetch Article" button has been added. After you paste the URL in the box, clicking the button will fetch the News Title, Article and all the pics from the page. The Article and Title will...
We shall be having the IRI Moving Convention this year - ONE week long.
Route: BCT -> ADI -> JP -> NDLS -> BSB -> HWH -> MAS -> SBC.
Dates: July 9 to July 17
Jul 9: BCT -> ADI
Jul 10: ADI -> JP
Jul 11: JP -> NDLS
Jul 12: NDLS -> BSB
As per the recent post , the new Pax Login feature has now been introduced. Here are the details of the feature set.
1. Now you may login to the site as a Member or a Passenger, or BOTH Member & Passenger at the same time. Passenger login is called "Pax Login"...
As detailed here , last month, some changes were made to the PNR section. In the next phase of this rollout, we shall be further separating "Passengers" from "Members".
1. "Passengers" will be able to login using ONLY their PNRs (no password). We shall have a Pax Login above the current...
There are some changes coming to the PNR Forum.
1. All PNRs will be anonymized, i.e. you won't see who posted the PNRs or search PNRs by Traveller. This is to better protect the confidentiality of travelling members and their travel plans. However, members will still be able to search their OWN...
Important Note:This website NEVER solicits for Money or Donations. Please beware of anyone requesting/demanding money on behalf of IRI. Thanks. Disclaimer: This website has NO affiliation with the Government-run site of Indian Railways. This site does NOT claim 100% accuracy of fast-changing Rail Information. YOU are responsible for independently confirming the validity of information through other sources.