Jan 12 2018 (08:36) Guntur railway station: Came to know from elders that platform 4&5 were originally 1&2 earlier in 1960s/70s and the current area of 1,2&3 is goods shed
Guntur railway station, SCR : Came to know from elders that platform 4&5 were originally 1&2 earlier in 1960s/70s and the current area of 1,2&3 is goods shed. So when railways wanted to augment capacity they shifted the goods shed to reddipalem area by forming a curve just before Gnt main station, and the branch line towards Tenali/Vejendla was connected to the goods shed. Now present New Guntur (NGNT) station is again the goods shed with some area developed as pf 1. Local government and leadership originally wanted New Guntur station coming up somewhere near Manipuram bridge which is on Gnt Bza main line and walkable distance from the bus stand. But railway officials saying that it is not possible because... more...
of the new signalling system which is installed at around cost of 10Cr rupees. If anyone knows more/correct info they can add.
ARP (Advanced Reservation Period) Calculator
Reservations Open Today @ 8am for: Trains with ARP 10 Dep on: Fri Dec 28 Trains with ARP 15 Dep on: Wed Jan 2 Trains with ARP 30 Dep on: Thu Jan 17 Trains with ARP 120 Dep on: Wed Apr 17
रायपुर | विजयवाड़ा रेल मंडल में ‘फेथई’ तूफान के फलस्वरूप कई ट्रेनों का परिचालन प्रभावित हुआ है। उस रूट की ट्रेनों के मार्ग में बदलाव किया गया है और इसे बिलासपुर जोन व रायपुर मंडल के रास्ते भेजा जाएगा। संबलपुर रोड से नांदेड़ के लिए छूटने वाली नागवली एक्सप्रेस को टीटलागढ़-रायपुर-...
There are some minor changes to the PNR Forum:
1. The main PNR feed will only show UN-predicted (by you) PNRs which are coming in. However, if there are replies, the PNR will show and will bubble to the top. Once you predict the PNR, it will go away from the main...
This is an advance notice of a new feature that will be introduced within the next couple of days. The feature is called "Spottings".
1. Any time you see a train ANYWHERE - while railfanning, while travelling in a train, while visiting a station, seeing someone off, receiving someone, while your train...
This is regarding the appointment of Monitors. For TLMs, we require a minimum of 1000 Confirmed TLs. For FMs, we require members to promise to abide by the guidelines and be free of controversies. For other Monitors, we require the member to be in good standing.
However, "eligibility" does NOT always mean...
This is an advance notice of an upcoming change:
1. We shall be removing the Login/Forum section from the RailCal app as it is cumbersome, buggy and lacking in features.
2. We shall soon be introducing a dedicated app called "Rail Messenger" for both Android and iOS, for all blogging/messaging purposes. The app...
The following changes are being made:
1. To restore the fun back to PNR Predictions, PNR Predictions will NOT be hidden anymore. PNR Predictions by members can be seen by ALL, before and after Charting. New members often look towards our expert predictors for hints, and we are reinstanting that.
2. To better...
While we do nominally allow multiple IDs, these multiple IDs are NOT allowed to engage in misuse and "mischief". Voting multiple times in the same poll using multiple IDs, rating each other IDs' blogs using multiple IDs, etc. are classified as "gross misuse".
This is an advance notice that some of the...
Important Note:This website NEVER solicits for Money or Donations. Please beware of anyone requesting/demanding money on behalf of IRI. Thanks. Disclaimer: This website has NO affiliation with the Government-run site of Indian Railways. This site does NOT claim 100% accuracy of fast-changing Rail Information. YOU are responsible for independently confirming the validity of information through other sources.