This feature shows the full history of past edits to this Blog Post.
Regarding connecting places in a country like India, where many branch lines exist along with trunk lines, which of the following would be your stand regarding any state with reasonable number of branch lines to ensure the best railways in the state?
Intra(within)-State Connections needs to be well-established
Inter-State(between states) Connections needs to be well-established from capital city only
Inter-State(between states) Connections needs to be well-established from capital city as well as other cities in the state
Capital City only should be only connected to major places and long distance cities(>1000 kms). being an Xfer point for other cities within the state
Cities other than capital cities also should be connected with major cities and long distances(>1000 kms) atleast by weeklies
Large cities which are neither a state-capital nor a railway-HQ but have a good traffic potential often get neglected in matter of new trains/ projects/ stoppages etc. Such cities need to be properly taken car of.
* To get proper attention, Power of a Political big shot or status of Rly HQ housing top IR officials is a necessity. * Under current politico-bureaucratic structure, there seems to be no remedy to this problem. A little bit of improvement in this respect was visible during the tenure of Mr Prabhu but it was too little & too late for IR, for any appreciable improvement.
ARP (Advanced Reservation Period) Calculator
Reservations Open Today @ 8am for: Trains with ARP 10 Dep on: Wed May 2 Trains with ARP 15 Dep on: Mon May 7 Trains with ARP 30 Dep on: Tue May 22 Trains with ARP 120 Dep on: Mon Aug 20
पलपल संवाददाता, जबलपुर. आगामी 5 मई तक पूरे भारतीय रेलवे में टिकट जांच का व्यापक अभियान चलाया जा रहा है, जिसमें आरक्षण केंद्रों और टिकट खिड़कियों पर दलालों व असामाजिक तत्वों की गतिविधियों की पड़ताल कर उनकी धरपकड़ की जाएगी, साथ ही ट्रेनों में बगैर टिकट व अनियमित टिकट के साथ...
The East Coast Railway (ECoR) has planned to start its first Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) train by the end of May. In the first phase, the train, which can accelerate and decelerate faster, will ply between Berhampur and Bhadrak.General Manager of ECoR Umesh Singh said a maintenance shed for MEMU...
As per the recent post , the new Pax Login feature has now been introduced. Here are the details of the feature set.
1. Now you may login to the site as a Member or a Passenger, or BOTH Member & Passenger at the same time. Passenger login is called "Pax Login"...
As detailed here , last month, some changes were made to the PNR section. In the next phase of this rollout, we shall be further separating "Passengers" from "Members".
1. "Passengers" will be able to login using ONLY their PNRs (no password). We shall have a Pax Login above the current...
There are some changes coming to the PNR Forum.
1. All PNRs will be anonymized, i.e. you won't see who posted the PNRs or search PNRs by Traveller. This is to better protect the confidentiality of travelling members and their travel plans. However, members will still be able to search their OWN...
In recent times, the number of FM Complaints regarding "targeting me", "offensive content", "sarcastic comment", "bashing", etc. have been increasing. This has led to increased censorship and throttling of open discussions.
This is a clarification that this site is meant for a FREE EXCHANGE of ideas. Some arguments/debates/disagreements/jokes/sarcasm are ALLOWED and are...
There has been a partial rollout of a modification to Timeline entries. The implementation will be complete within a week.
1. Void & RAC buttons have been removed.
2. TL Entries can now be Edited and Fixed by the original updater, if there are errors. So there is no need to Void TLs...
There has recently been a lot of frustration among RFs when their Station Pics, Loco Pics, Train Pics get rejected because the "number is not showing", "shed is not visible", the loco/train is at a distance, Train Board is too small, "better pic available", etc.
To address this issue, effective tomorrow, ALL...
Disclaimer: This website has NO affiliation with the Government-run site of Indian Railways. This site does NOT claim 100% accuracy of fast-changing Rail Information. YOU are responsible for independently confirming the validity of information through other sources.