Jun 09 2018 (23:10) Station Tag: Parel/PR added by a2z~/1674352
Commuters will get to travel to Kalyan and Karjat from the new platform Finally, commuters will be able to use a new platform at the Parel railway station, which will be open for Public from June 10, 2018. THis platform will help commuters to board Kalyan and Karjat-bound trains. However, commuters will also have to face major mega block which will be carried out by the Central Railway on the same day. The CR will undertake the last phase of work on the new platform on Sunday. Further, as part of the Parel Terminus plan, the termination and origin of local trains will be completed by December. DK Sharma, general manager, CR, told Hindustan Times, Meanwhile,... more...
local train services will begin in full swing from the new platform only after the Western Railway (WR) completes the work of middle 12-metre foot overbridge (FOB) at Elphinstone Road railway station, said DK Sharma, general manager, CR. Last year, on September 29, a stampede took place at Elphinstone station's narrow foot-over bridge which claimed 23 lives. After the dreadful incident, the Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis along with railway minister Piyush Goyal and Defence minister Nirmala Sitaraman in October announced that the state will be roping in Army to build a bridge. Acting upon the same, in February 2018, the Indian Army opened three new FOBs at Elphinstone Station, Currey Road, and Ambivli.
ARP (Advanced Reservation Period) Calculator
Reservations Open Today @ 8am for: Trains with ARP 10 Dep on: Fri Dec 21 Trains with ARP 15 Dep on: Wed Dec 26 Trains with ARP 30 Dep on: Thu Jan 10 Trains with ARP 120 Dep on: Wed Apr 10
There are some minor changes to the PNR Forum:
1. The main PNR feed will only show UN-predicted (by you) PNRs which are coming in. However, if there are replies, the PNR will show and will bubble to the top. Once you predict the PNR, it will go away from the main...
This is an advance notice of a new feature that will be introduced within the next couple of days. The feature is called "Spottings".
1. Any time you see a train ANYWHERE - while railfanning, while travelling in a train, while visiting a station, seeing someone off, receiving someone, while your train...
This is regarding the appointment of Monitors. For TLMs, we require a minimum of 1000 Confirmed TLs. For FMs, we require members to promise to abide by the guidelines and be free of controversies. For other Monitors, we require the member to be in good standing.
However, "eligibility" does NOT always mean...
This is an advance notice of an upcoming change:
1. We shall be removing the Login/Forum section from the RailCal app as it is cumbersome, buggy and lacking in features.
2. We shall soon be introducing a dedicated app called "Rail Messenger" for both Android and iOS, for all blogging/messaging purposes. The app...
The following changes are being made:
1. To restore the fun back to PNR Predictions, PNR Predictions will NOT be hidden anymore. PNR Predictions by members can be seen by ALL, before and after Charting. New members often look towards our expert predictors for hints, and we are reinstanting that.
2. To better...
While we do nominally allow multiple IDs, these multiple IDs are NOT allowed to engage in misuse and "mischief". Voting multiple times in the same poll using multiple IDs, rating each other IDs' blogs using multiple IDs, etc. are classified as "gross misuse".
This is an advance notice that some of the...
Important Note:This website NEVER solicits for Money or Donations. Please beware of anyone requesting/demanding money on behalf of IRI. Thanks. Disclaimer: This website has NO affiliation with the Government-run site of Indian Railways. This site does NOT claim 100% accuracy of fast-changing Rail Information. YOU are responsible for independently confirming the validity of information through other sources.