12559/12560 Manduadih - New Delhi - Manduadih Shiv Ganga Express.
Shiv Ganga Express often called SG, Purvanchal Rajdhani etc by Railfans is one of the finest train I have ever travelled.
Here is my detailed Report cum Train Tip for Shiv Ganga Express.
1) Punctuality :- People simply don't call SG as Purvanchal Rajdhani. The reason for so is it gets priority all
over its route and in every zone (NER, NCR and NR). On my trip it Overtook Vaishali and Lucknow AC Express before and at Ghaziabad respectively and arrived New Delhi PF 6, 10 Minutes before its Scheduled Time.
2) Cleanliness and Maintenance :- This is the Second train after Godavari Express where I saw Carpets are present near the toilets and vestibules, (though there are many more but I didn't see them personally). When I went to the washroom next morning before arriving NDLS the washroom was dry and clean even after repeated usage by passengers. I visited a SL Class toilet as well and it was very clean as well. Nice Maintenance by MUV CDO and nice OBHS present. If I am asked to rate the cleanliness, my ratings will be 6/5. It was too good. (Picture attached).
3) Food and On-Board Catering :- People often complaint about food and catering of various trains, may it be the rate of food items or quality of food items. In Shiv Ganga Express you won't get a chance to complaint about their catering. Every item is sold at MRP. Thalis, Biriyani foils, Casserole meals are available and rate sticker with manufacturing date are pasted on the foils. I took Egg Biriyani of 2 eggs (Picture attached) with raita and it was of ₹60. Taste was too good. Tomato soup with Croutons is available for ₹20, Mother Diary Sweet Curd for ₹20 and even ₹5 Namkeen items is available in this train.
Detailed Food Menu (On Payment Basis):-
Evening Snacks - Samosa, Paneer Pakoda, Vegetable Cutlet with Bread Butter, Egg Omelette with Bread Butter, Cake, Chips, Biscuits, Tea and Coffee.
Dinner - Egg Biriyani, Veg Biriyani, Veg and Non Veg Casserole meal, Veg and Non Veg executive thali. Tomato Soup and Sweet Curd.
In the next morning, tea is available with standard Veg and Non Veg Breakfast.
4) Ticket Availability :- Advised to book Confirm tickets or low RAC. Due to excellent patronage high RAC and initial Waiting Lists don't get Cleared.
5) Other Facilities :- Charging Points are available in ample in all the classes. Clean Curtains are present and Clean Linens are given in AC Classes. AC Pantry car is maintained nicely. TTEs, attendants and other staffs are very polite and helpful.
Truly had a very nice experience onborad Shiv Ganga Express a.k.a SG, Shiv G and Purvanchal Rajdhani.
I recommend this train to everyone.
Thank you Purvanchal Rajdhani. 🙏