Do you think if it is Technically possible to convert any of our famous Hill Railways to Broad Gauge? If yes, then which one is technically possible to be converted?
**Note: Here I am talking about only technical aspects, I am not saying whether we should convert any of our heritage railways, just possibility. If you think that instead of converting the existing track a separate parallel BG track can be constructed, then you can consider that option as technically possible too. Thanks!
1) Darjeeling Himalayan Railways (NJP- Darjeeling) can be converted to BG
2) Kalka- Shimla NG can be converted to BG
3) Pathankot- Joginder nagar NG (Kangra Valley) can be converted to BG
4) Nilgiri Mountain Railway (Mettupalayam- Udagamandalam/ Ooty) can be converted to BG
5) Neral- Matheran Railway can be converted to BG
6) Any other railway (Please comment) which can be converted to BG
7) More than one of the above can be converted to BG
8) None of the above can be converted to BG
10) Any other opinion (Please Comment)