This feature shows the full history of past edits to this Blog Post.
"Calling ON" Signal
• It Simply means "to Call". This is a subsidiary signal.
• This signal is located below the STOP signals of HOME, STARTER or INTERMEDIATE STARTER. ... more...
• This signal is NOT located below the ADVANCED STARTER.
• It is identified by black letter "C" on a white board.
• This is used in case of emergency.
• CALLING ON Signal and Main Signal are never given together.
Main uses ---
• If the HOME or STARTER signal is out of order, then the train cant be moved forward. On seeing the calling on Signal as YELLOW, although the main signal is RED, the loco pilot can move forward the train at very low speed.
• If a train is occupied on platform, the main signal will be red, because of interlocking. If a locomotive has to be connected or a link train has to be connected in the same platform, the CALLING ON signal is given as main signal will not work at that time.
It has been decided by Northern Railway to augment extra coach on temporary basis in Train No. 02284 / 02283 H. Nizamuddin – Ernakulam Jn. – H. Nizamuddin Duranto Weekly Special to clear extra rush of passengers. Details are as under : ...
The restoration work of Pernem tunnel at Km 384/6-7 between Madure & Pernem station of Karwar region is successfully completed and the track fit certificate was issued at 22.00 hrs on 15/09/2020 and traffic is restored. The details are as under: 1)...
The Multi-disciplinary Business Development Units of Western Railway (BDU)are doing an excellent job of improving business prospects in the goods market by incorporating new ideas and initiatives. In this series, as a result of the innovative initiative of Business Development Unit (BDU) of Rajkot Division, fish transport has been started from...
In the next few days, we shall introduce a "Personal Gallery". This will consist of your own personal pics - no restrictions. You can upload any number of pics to your personal gallery - with with or without trains.
This personal gallery will be part of your Member Profile.
As our Topics & Quiz section gains popularity, the following change will be made to Quizzes.
Starting tomorrow, we shall not reveal the names of people who answered correctly/incorrectly. You will still know how many answered the quiz and the percentage of wrong/right responses. But ONLY the person who answered will know...
Today, we are introducing a new Topic called NEWS-CRITIC.
These days, everyday, we are bombarded with spam news, exaggerated news, misleading news, fake news, useless celebrity news, click bait with misleading headlines, etc. Also, much of the news is copied and rewritten from other news outlets, instead of being written first-hand. Everyone...
Over the last few days, there have been concerns expressed by many members that politics are being discussed. Well, with 90% of the trains NOT running over the last 3 months, there is not much rail-fanning happening!!! People have to discuss something. Mature political discussions are allowed in the Topics section,...
To help with the issue of mass tagging of members, we shall soon be expanding the RF Club feature to Pvt Clubs:
1. Any member will be able to create a Pvt Club and invite other members to join. Joining of any Club is voluntary - members cannot be forced to join...
For the last 2 days, I have been putting up some quizzes in the Topics section, with the following design:
1. Each quiz starts with a statement.
2. Then a question, followed by 4-6 choices.
3. AFTER a member makes a choice, all the other choices are revealed, along with the creator's choice and...
Important Note:This website NEVER solicits for Money or Donations. Please beware of anyone requesting/demanding money on behalf of IRI. Thanks. Disclaimer: This website has NO affiliation with the Government-run site of Indian Railways. This site does NOT claim 100% accuracy of fast-changing Rail Information. YOU are responsible for independently confirming the validity of information through other sources.