Feb 12 2015 (9:32AM) Rather keep an AC express departing Pune/Hyd at 9:00pm and reaching the other end at 6:00 or 7:00 pm if possible! The can reduce the speed to fit the timings thereby not interrupting other scheduled trains
I guess, the original poster only meant to say that instead of shatabdi, an overnight AC express would prove to be more popular and convenient. I would rather prefer to travel 8h 30 mins by a sleeper train than sitting. The timings of this train are also odd. Very early morning. Rather keep an AC express departing Pune/Hyd at 9:00pm and reaching the other end in the morning at 6:00 or 7:00 am if possible! They can reduce the speed to fit the timings thereby not interrupting other scheduled trains.
Well, you got the answer in ur own comment Mr. Mumbaikar, since it runs empty in lean season, why not convert it into an overnight train which will run full even in lean season and hence railway will also earn more revenue. As simple as that!
Hussainsagar,Konark is one overnight option for Pune-Sc passengers. Also there isn't any night slot available for new Pune-Sc train. That's why buses rules this section. Maybe after doubling and electrification a new train can be introduced.
As per the recent post , the new Pax Login feature has now been introduced. Here are the details of the feature set.
1. Now you may login to the site as a Member or a Passenger, or BOTH Member & Passenger at the same time. Passenger login is called "Pax Login"...
As detailed here , last month, some changes were made to the PNR section. In the next phase of this rollout, we shall be further separating "Passengers" from "Members".
1. "Passengers" will be able to login using ONLY their PNRs (no password). We shall have a Pax Login above the current...
There are some changes coming to the PNR Forum.
1. All PNRs will be anonymized, i.e. you won't see who posted the PNRs or search PNRs by Traveller. This is to better protect the confidentiality of travelling members and their travel plans. However, members will still be able to search their OWN...
In recent times, the number of FM Complaints regarding "targeting me", "offensive content", "sarcastic comment", "bashing", etc. have been increasing. This has led to increased censorship and throttling of open discussions.
This is a clarification that this site is meant for a FREE EXCHANGE of ideas. Some arguments/debates/disagreements/jokes/sarcasm are ALLOWED and are...
There has been a partial rollout of a modification to Timeline entries. The implementation will be complete within a week.
1. Void & RAC buttons have been removed.
2. TL Entries can now be Edited and Fixed by the original updater, if there are errors. So there is no need to Void TLs...
There has recently been a lot of frustration among RFs when their Station Pics, Loco Pics, Train Pics get rejected because the "number is not showing", "shed is not visible", the loco/train is at a distance, Train Board is too small, "better pic available", etc.
To address this issue, effective tomorrow, ALL...
Disclaimer: This website has NO affiliation with the Government-run site of Indian Railways. This site does NOT claim 100% accuracy of fast-changing Rail Information. YOU are responsible for independently confirming the validity of information through other sources.