|Post||Post Trn Tip||Post Stn Tip||Advanced Search|
Aug 08 (10:35)
Blog Post# 3693620-0
16591🔹Hampi Express🔹16592^~ Added by: 16591🔹Hampi Express🔹16592^~ Aug 08 (10:39)
Jul 28 2016 (14:59)
Blog Post# 1943444-5
HOG WAM4 WAP1~ Added by: 16591🔹Hampi Express🔹16592^~ Aug 08 (10:39)
It's called a 'Check Rail'. Usually you can see these on the inner side of curves. If a train derails on a curve, it will tend to move over the outer rail ( The wheel will climb over the outer edge of the curve). In that case, the inner wheel will touch this check rail and stop further outward movement. You can see these kinds of rails at points and switches also, where trains switch tracks.
i think technical term used is ""gaurd rail",and yes it prevents wheels from derailing(extra stability),usually we can see them on bridges,under FOB's
Jul 28 2016 (23:55)
Blog Post# 1943444-8
HOG WAM4 WAP1~ Added by: 16591🔹Hampi Express🔹16592^~ Aug 08 (10:41)
Both terms are interchanged frequently. But normally, the term 'Guard rails' is used for the cases where there are 2 inner rails. These are usually seen on bridges and belo FOB's etc. The 'term 'check rail' is usually used for the cases like in the above pic, where the extra rail is on only one side of the tracks. However, there is no fixed definition for these terms I guess and I have seen people use both terms to refer to such track layouts.
What are the rules and rates for conveyance of pets and other live animals?
Aug 07 (14:34)
Blog Post# 3691582-0
📘📘📘📘 EXAM TIME 📘📘📘📘📘^~ Added by: 📘📘📘📘 EXAM TIME 📘📘📘📘📘^~ Aug 07 (14:34)
Ques1..Can I take a pet along with me on the train? What is the process?
A: A passenger can take pet along with him in AC First Class or First Class only, provided he/she reserves either a two berth or a four berth compartment exclusively for his/her use, paying the due charges depending upon the type of train. Passengers travelling in other classes are not permitted to carry the pet along with them. But the pet can be booked and carried in the Luggage/Brake Van paying the charges depending upon the type of train. Specially designed Boxes are available in the Brake Van for this purpose. Passengers may contact the Parcel Office to book their pet.
Procedure to Cary pet small animals (Dogs Cats etc.) along..
1. Have to get a medical clearance certificate saying that the animal is fir to be transported. This certificate has to be obtained from a Government Veterinary Doctor.
2. Produce the certificate along with a filled in form for luggage booking and your travel details in the Railway parcel office to the officer in charge and pay the associated fees.
I found the RULES FOR CARRYING PETS,DOGS,HORSES OTHER LIVE ANIMALS AND BIRDS on train enquiry.com Thought it would be useful to some of us
click here (Dec 7, 2011)
RULES FOR CARRYING PETS,DOGS,HORSES OTHER LIVE ANIMALS AND BIRDS Risk:-(1)Under section 77-A of the Indian Railway Act,the liability of Railways as carriers of animals is limited as specfied below,unless the sender elects to pay the percentage charge on value as shown in the Rule 1301:- Per Head Elephants Rs.1500/- Horses Rs.750/- Mules,Camels or Horned Cattle Rs.200/- Donkeys,sheep,goats,dogs and other animals or birds Rs.30/-...
Q. RULE AND RATES FOR CONVEYANCE OF DOGS???
Ans. Dogs when carried in the break-van and/or A.C.C. and first class passenger compartments will be charged for at Scale 'L'(luggage Rates)on the basis of weights indicated below, subject to a minimum charge of Rs.10/- per dog, charges being Prepaid: When carried in break_van (Dog-Box) 30 Kgs When carried in passengers compartments 60 Kgs "Seeing Eye" dog traveling with a blind person in the compartment (First class) will, however, be charged the same tariff as for dogs carried in brake_van. The dogs must be provided with Collars and Chains. Owners should make their own arrangements for food and water for the dog during the journey. Dogs detected unbooked will be charged at six times...
Apr 27 2013 (05:02)
News Entry# 131089 Travelling with pets in train cheap but complicated
Posted by: Anupam Enosh Sarkar*^~ Added by: Tejas*^~ Jul 31 2013 (08:32)
GURGAON: Travelling with dogs by train is cheaper as compared to air travel, but it is quite complicated at the same time. Railways allows dog in first air conditioned class coaches of the train, otherwise dogs will be put in the brake van of the train along with luggage. However, despite permission to travel with your pet in the first class, if anyone objects to it, the pet will be put in the brake van irrespective of the fact the passenger has paid all the charges. Even if one decides to keep one's pets in the break van of the train, the owner will have to put the pet into a cage, make him wear a collar and a leash. Besides that, it will be the owner's responsibility to feed the dog during traveling. So, during long journey, as it is not possible for the owner to go and keep a...
some facts on SHATABDI EXPRESS
Aug 07 (14:31)
Blog Post# 3691572-0
📘📘📘📘 EXAM TIME 📘📘📘📘📘^~ Added by: 📘📘📘📘 EXAM TIME 📘📘📘📘📘^~ Aug 07 (14:32)
Ques2.What is Shatabdi express?
A: Shatabdi Express trains are a series of fast (called superfast in India) passenger trains operated by Indian Railways to connect Metro cities with other cities important for tourism, pilgrimage or business. The Shatabdi are among the fastest trains in India and the Indian Railways considers them as prestigious. They have a regular speed of about 130 km/h (81 mph). Currently there are 22 shatabdi trains under operation.
May 02 2017 (11:31)
Blog Post# 2259276-0
In a relationship with poorva exp😎😎^~ Added by: 16057 sapthagiri express 16058^ May 02 2017 (12:14)
SOME FACTS ABOUT SHATABDI EXPRESS
•FIRST SHATABDI - NDLS JHS shatabdi exp (later extended to BPL) in 1988
• MOST RECENT SHATABDI - 12085/86 DBRG GHY shatabdi exp & 12087/88 GHY NHLN Shatabdi exp
Concession applicable to different categories of people
Aug 05 (23:09)
Blog Post# 3688103-0
16591🔹Hampi Express🔹16592^~ Added by: 16591🔹Hampi Express🔹16592^~ Aug 05 (23:22)
1. For students (General category) going to hometown and availing educational tours, Indian Railways offers 50 per cent concession in second and sleeper class. , Indian Railways offers 75 per cent concession in second and sleeper class for students who belong to Scheduled Tribe/Scheduled Category and are going to hometown and availing educational tours.
2. Students of government schools in rural areas get 75 per cent concession in second class for study tour once in a year. Indian Railways also offers 75 per cent concession for girls of government schools in rural areas for national level medical, engineering, etc. entrance exam. Also, 50 per cent concession is available in second class for students appearing in main written examination conducted by UPSC and...
Jul 31 (16:29)
Blog Post# 3674234-0
16591🔹Hampi Express🔹16592^~ Added by: 16591🔹Hampi Express🔹16592^~ Aug 05 (23:21)
1) Orthopedically handicapped/ paraplegic persons who cannot travel without escort - for any purpose, blind persons traveling alone or with an escort for any purpose, mentally retarded persons who cannot travel without escort - for any purpose are offered 75 per cent concession in second class, sleeper, first class, third AC, AC chair car and 50 per cent concession in 1AC and 2AC. 25 per cent concession is available for such passengers in 3AC and AC chair car of Rajdhani and Shatabadi trains.
2) A deaf and dumb person travelling alone or with an escort - for any purpose is offered 50 per cent concession in 2nd class, sleeper and 1st class.
Aug 02 (09:51)
Blog Post# 3675318-3
16591🔹Hampi Express🔹16592^~ Added by: 16591🔹Hampi Express🔹16592^~ Aug 03 (23:42)
A ride index is just a number with no units and its value gives us an indication of the riding comfort of a vehicle. The index is easily calculable during field trials by measuring the vertical/lateral accelerations using standard accelerometers.
Source: click here