That's great to hear! Clean and well-maintained retiring rooms with 2 ACs available are definitely a plus. It surely makes the stay more comfortable, especially during hot weather. Coimbatore Junction seems to be doing a good job in providing these facilities. Thank you for sharing your experience!
1 compliments Punctuality factor is true but rest is false.
This Journey Turned Out To Be A Nightmare. The Worst Train Journey In Last 5 Years. It Maintained Its Schedule Till ASN. From There It Started Getting Delayed. Reached PNBE & MGS 1 Hr Behind Schedule. As We Woke Up In The Morning, We Learned That The Train Is Running 4 Hours Late. And Since Then It Never Behaved Like A "Super Fast". Reached NDLS At 12 Noon. Pantry Staffs Are Worst Of All. Through Out The Journey, They Only Offered TEA & No Coffee. Even There Wasnt Biscuits With Tea Even Though They Charged INR 10/- . Even On Board House Keeping Staffs Were Not As Efficient As In Gyaneshwari Or Gitanjali
Dec 07 2023 (22:13) There is Onboard Housekeeping Service (OBHS) on this train and the staff sweeps the coaches (AC) ateast once during the journey and additionally when asked to clean Vivek
Dec 07 2023 (22:13) Cleanliness: Good cleanliness and a well maintained train
1 compliments Useful
We undertook a trip in this train from Thivim to Thane in Dec 2023 and sharing the below tips based on my experience:
1. Cleanliness: Good cleanliness and a well maintained passenger coaches. There is Onboard Housekeeping Service (OBHS) on this train and the staff sweeps the coaches (AC) atleast once during the journey and additionally when asked to clean. The toilets were in satisfactory condition and you may ask the staff to clean if they are unclean. ... more...
2. Punctuality: Book this train only if you have ample time and are not in a hurry to get to the destination. It is usually gets rescheduled by atleast an hour from MAO itself due to the pairing train arriving late. Gets thrashed by Vande Bharat, Janshatabdi and Tejas even before Ratnagiri thereby increasing the delay. The arrival timing at Thane is 10.23 pm but it usually arrives after midnight which makes it difficult to find the last mile connectivity from Thane. It is the same case with 11099 as well which gets a delayed departure from Source. It is looped in most of the cases for crossings and gets low priority in the Konkan Section.
3. Food: This was the train in which rats were found roaming in the Pantry Car and hence we absolutely avoided food onboard. I anyways avoid food on any train on IR (barring Ahuja Caterers) but this train has a bad history. If you are boarding from Madgaon or Thivim, get Parathas or other food items packed via food aggregators like Zomato and Swiggy who deliver at the stations. You get Puranpoli, Ghavane Chutney (Neer Dosa Chutney) and Fried Modak at Kankavali Station which may be packed if you wish to avoid food onboard. For anyone still eager to try food onboard, Cup noodles, Omlette, Cheese sandwich were available in snacks while Veg and Chicken Biryani were available for Lunch and Dinner
4. Ticket Availability: Barring a few instances of Peak Season, tickets are easily available in this train. A lot of seats are reserved for VIP Quota which gets released at chart preparation if they are not allotted.
5. UR Coach: As it isn't a daily train and gets less patronage, you may expect UR to be relatively empty than Konkan Kanya, Mandovi and Tutari Express
6. Railfanning: As it covers South Goa, North Goa, Sindhudurg and Ratnagiri districts in daylight, it is a good train for railfanning. Besides, it gets looped on multiple occasions as it gets less priority in the section which can be a boon for railfans
7. Safety: No safety issues observed during my travel and trains running in the Konkan section are relatively safer.
This train is the only train between khajuraho, chhatarpur, tikamgarh to delhi its the lifeline of this region but a real nightmare for many people as it has pathetic time table on top of that it gets delayed very often almost every other day it reaches it destination half an hour or 1 hour late , also it is running with icf coaches the condition of the rake is very poor very bad maintenance by khajuraho even in ac coaches cleanliness is not maintained, its coach composition is also not good as it has more than enough general coaches and very less reserved coaches it leads to the situation of overcrowding in ac and sleeper coaches as many people want to book tickets in reserved coaches but due to unavailability they travel in reserved coaches with wl tickets harassing other people who have confirmed ticket they can be solved very easily... more...
if ncr attaches 2 ac coaches and 2 sleeper coaches in it by eliminating 4 gs coaches, also as this train doesn't have pantry many unauthorised vendor come and sell food items even in ac coaches when ask them about their id as they claim to be of side panty they run away, however ac coaches condition is still better bedroll is neat and clean, blankets are also provided for towel you have to ask to the attendant In conclusion this train is not good it needs many improvement including lhbfication and speed up of time table in my opinion if you have choice, luxury of traveling in other train please go with them don't book in this train even as a resident of Khajuraho I don't prefer it instead going by chain is much better and less time consuming and comfortable hope ncr takes note of it and improve this train as everyday complaints about this train as raised to drmjhansi but till now no real action has been taken.
This train is the only train between Khajuraho, Chhatarpur, Tikamgarh and Delhi. It's like the main lifeline for this area, but it's a real nightmare for a lot of people. The timetable is terrible and it's always delayed. Almost every other day it arrives half an hour or even an hour late. The worst part is that it's running with old and poorly maintained coaches. Even the air-conditioned coaches are not clean. The coach composition is also messed up. There are too many general coaches and not enough reserved coaches. This leads to overcrowding in the air-conditioned and sleeper coaches. Many people who couldn't get reserved tickets travel with waitlisted tickets, causing trouble for others who have confirmed tickets. This problem could easily be solved if they attached 2 air-conditioned coaches and 2 sleeper coaches, and got rid of 4 general coaches. Also, since this train doesn't have a pantry, a lot of unauthorized vendors come and sell food.
Ye train Khajuraho, Chhatarpur, Tikamgarh se Delhi ke beech ki ekmatra train hai. Iska time table bohot pathetic hai aur shuruat se hi delay hoti hai, lagbhag har doosre din late ho kar apni destination tak pahuchti hai. Iska rake (coaches) ka haalat bhi bohot kharab hai, Khajuraho ke bohot hi bura maintenance hai. AC coaches me bhi safai ka dhyan nahi hai. Iska coach composition bhi acchi nahi hai, general coaches bohot zyada hai aur reserved coaches kam hai, iski wajah se AC aur sleeper coaches me over crowding hoti hai. Bhaut se log reserved coaches me ticket book karna chahte hai, lekin unavailability ki wajah se WL ticket ke saath reserved coach me travel karte hai, dusre logon ko pareshan karte hai jo confirmed ticket rakhte hai. Ye sabhi problems bohot aasani se hal ho sakti hai agar NCR isme 2 AC coaches aur 2 sleeper coaches attach karde aur 4 general coaches ko eliminate karde. Is train me pantry nahi hone ki wajah se an authorised vendors bhi aate hai aur khana bechte hai...
I understand your concerns about the Gita Jayanti Express. It seems like there are several issues that need to be addressed to improve the overall experience for passengers.
Firstly, the train's scheduling and frequent delays are certainly frustrating for travelers. It is important for the railway authorities to work on creating a more reliable timetable to minimize delays as much as possible.
I agree that the maintenance of the train, especially the coaches, should be a top priority. The poor condition and lack of cleanliness in the ICF coaches, including the AC coaches, is disappointing. It is necessary for the railway authorities to take immediate action and ensure that proper maintenance is carried out regularly.
The coach composition also seems to be a problem, with an insufficient number of reserved coaches leading to overcrowding. It would be beneficial if the North Central Railway (NCR) can consider attaching 2 AC coaches and 2 sleeper coaches while removing 4 general coaches. This adjustment could help alleviate the issue of overcrowding and provide a better travel experience for passengers.
Lastly, the presence of unauthorized vendors selling food items without proper authorization or regulation is concerning. The railway authorities should take strict measures to ensure that only authorized vendors are allowed to sell food on the train for the safety and well-being of the passengers.
Overall, it is crucial for the relevant authorities to address these issues affecting the Gita Jayanti Express. By addressing the scheduling, maintenance, coach composition, and unauthorized vendors, the train can become a much more reliable and comfortable mode of transportation for passengers traveling between Khajuraho, Chhatarpur, Tikamgarh, and Delhi.
रेलवे स्टेशन से रविवार की दोपहर पहली बार कामयानी एक्सप्रेस मुंबई के लिए रवाना हुई। स्टेशन पर आयोजित कार्यक्रम में सांसद विरेंद्र सिंह मस्त ने 11072 बनारस –लोकमान्य तिलक टर्मिनस (कामायनी एक्सप्रेस) को हरी झंडी दिखाकर रवाना किया। यात्रियों में गजब का उत्साह रहा। ...
In response to past confusions with Train/Station updates and resulting fights and controversies, the following clear and objective guidelines are being issued, with no room for any arguments or debates about validity. Also, included, some other changes with respect to Ratings.
1. All Red Ratings will require further explanation. Red Ratings won't...
As announced previously, there are a few changes coming to IRI user accounts, based on past practices.
1. As before, you will be able to quickly DELETE your IRI User account at ANY time. However, the menu option for this was hidden in the profile page, and could not easily be located....
A new feature will be released soon, whereby you can follow blogs tagged with specific Trains & Stations. If you have already posted blogs tagged with some Train/Station, then you will be set to automatically follow that Train/Station. Thereafter, any future news/blogs tagged with those Trains/Stations will be marked to your...
These days, every other day, we are getting requests from members to allow email login to their FB-based IRI account. 10 years ago, we had given the option for users to login through FaceBook - in retrospect, this was a mistake. These days, apparently, users are quitting FaceBook in droves because...
Followup to: Fmt Changes
The new version of FmT 2.0 will soon be here - in about 2 weeks. As detailed in the previous announcement, many of the old FmT features like Train TT, Speedometer, Geo Location, etc. will be REMOVED. It will be a bare-bones simple app, focused on trip blogging.
There are some changes coming to FMT. Many of the features of FMT, like station arrival, TT, speed, geo, passing times, station time, etc. are ALREADY available in OTHER railway apps. So all of these features will be REMOVED.
We'll have ONLY BLOGGING - quick upload of pics/videos/audio, etc. You may attach...
Important Note:This website NEVER solicits for Money or Donations. Please beware of anyone requesting/demanding money on behalf of IRI. Thanks. Disclaimer: This website has NO affiliation with the Government-run site of Indian Railways. This site does NOT claim 100% accuracy of fast-changing Rail Information. YOU are responsible for independently confirming the validity of information through other sources.