|Mon May 29, 2017 06:14:05 ISTHomeTrains|
|Mon May 29, 2017 06:14:05 IST|
|Post||Post Trn Tip||Post Stn Tip||Advanced Search|
Oct 07 2011 (09:02)
Blog Post# 251542-0
✔KALINGAS✔*^~ Added by: Gopalakrishnan P Oct 07 2011 (09:42)
Guidelines for Booking of Luggage
1. You are requested to approach the luggage office well in advance before the departure of the train by which the luggage is to be
Journey ticket is to be produced for booking of the luggage and an endorsement will be made on the ticket. A luggage ticket will be
issued on payment of prescribed charges.
3. Offensive articles, explosives and dangerous articles are not accepted for booking.
4. For booking of luggage, please contact the luggage booking staff or luggage Supervisor available at the stations.
5. Passengers can carry a specified quantity of luggage free of charge according to the class of travel. The following maximum limit,
free allowance, marginal allowance will be admissible for carriage of luggage in the compartment.
Class Maximum Limit Free Allowance Marginal Allowance
AC 1st class 150 Kgs. 70 Kgs. 15 Kgs.
AC 2-tier / 100 Kgs. 50 Kgs.
1st class 100 Kgs. 50 Kgs. 10 Kgs.
AC 3-tier/ 40 Kgs. 40 Kgs. 10 Kgs.
AC Chair Car 40 Kgs. 40 Kgs. 10 Kgs.
SL class(Exp/Ordy) 80 Kgs. 40 Kgs. 10 Kgs.
Second class (Exp./Ordy.) 70 Kgs. 35 Kgs. 10 Kgs.
Passengers will be allowed to book and carry excess luggage beyond free allowance with them in the compartment upto the maximum
limit as per class mentioned in para-1 on payment of charges at 1.5 times of luggage rate.
6. When a passenger is detected either enroute or at the destination with unbooked or partially booked luggage weighing more than
the free allowance, the excess unbooked weight exceeding free allowance of luggage will be charged at six times the luggage scale
rate. However, if unbooked or partially booked luggage is detected more than the free allowance of luggage but within the marginal
allowance, it will be charged at 1.5 times the luggage scale rate. When a passenger is detected either enroute or at destination with
unbooked or partially booked luggage weighing more than the maximum limit permitted the excess weight exceeding free allowance
of luggage will be charged at six times of luggage scale rate subject to a minimum of Rs 50.
7. You must produce your journey tickets and luggage ticket at the time of delivery of your luggage.
8. Luggage booked may be re-weighed at the destination /enroute station to verify the correctness of the luggage charges paid.
9. Trunks, suitcases and boxes having outside measurement of 100 cms x 60 cms x 25 cms (length x breadth x height) will be
allowed to be carried in the passenger copmpartments as personal luggage. If the trunks and suitcases and boxes which in outside
measurement exceed any one of the dimension, such articles are required to be booked and carried in the brake van and not in the
passenger’s compartments. Inconveniences caused to fellow passengers may be minimized by booking heavier luggages in the brake
10. Merchandized items will not be allowed for booking and carriage in the compartment as personal luggage.