- Mumbai's lifeline is unsafe for commuters News Entry# 134930
by: Jayashree ▪❖▪ Amita** Today (11:13PM)
THANE: Mumbai's most valued lifeline, the suburban railway network, has earned the reputation as most unsafe mode of travel, considering that 10,413 commuters died and another 12,227 suffered near-fatal injuries during the last four years (2009-2012), according to information sourced from the central and western railway authorities.
More than sixty years...
- BJP accuses Pawan Bansal of favouring catering contractors News Entry# 134929
by: Jayashree ▪❖▪ Amita** Today (11:13PM)
Chandigarh : BJP today accused former railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal of favouring the contractors by reducing license fee on catering contracts, causing “massive” financial losses to railways. “Former railway minister Pawan Kumar Bansal reduced the licensee on catering contracts from 15 per cent to 10 per cent applicable for...
- Noapara metro opening expected by month's end News Entry# 134928
by: rdb** Today (11:08PM)
KOLKATA: Metro Railway plans to run 25 pairs of trains to and from the Noapara station in north Kolkata as soon as clearance is received from the Commissioner of Railway Safety (CRS). Officials have already approached the CRS and urged him to carry out the mandatory inspection so services may...
- SOUTH WESTERN RAILWAY PROVIDES TEMPORARY STOPPAGEAT CHORGI HALT STATION FOR TRAIN NO. 57642 BAGALKOT-SOLAPUR PASSENGER WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT News Entry# 134927
by: rdb** Today (11:04PM)
As per the directives of Railway Board, South Western Railway has provided a minute’s temporary stoppage at CHORGI HALT Station situated between Nimbal and Indi Roadon Bagalkot-Solapur Section of Hubli Division,for Train No. 57642 BAGALKOT-SOLAPUR PASSENGER,with immediate effect for a period of six months.Accordingly, Train No. 57642 BAGALKOT-SOLAPUR PASSENGER arrives/departs...
- SWR’S BHARAT SCOUTS & GUIDES CONDUCTS 2ND ALL INDIAN RAILWAY ADVENTURE & TREKKING CAMPOREE AT STATE TREKKING & TRAINING CENTRE, CASTLE ROCK FROM 23RD TO 27TH MAY, 2013 News Entry# 134926
by: rdb** Today (11:03PM)
The Bharat Scouts & Guides(BS&G) of South Western Railway is bestowed of conducting a mega 5-day prestigious event of 02nd All Indian Railway Adventure & TrekkingCamporee at State Trekking& Training Centre, Castle Rock in Karnataka State from 23rd to 27th May, 2013.Shri Rahul Jain, District President, BS&G & Divisional Railway...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 2013 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
- Entry# 655923
Jan 30 2013 (10:16AM)
Further elucidation on UnAnswered and Popular tabs.
Only posts tagged with "Travel Question" within the last 7 days are candidates for the UnAnswered tab. Other general comments may not necessarily deserve a reply. If members miscategorize their genuine questions as something else - Rail/Travel, etc. - they will have to...
- Entry# 637916
Jan 11 2013 (08:47AM)
Members mark your calendars. The first online IRI Quiz Contest will be held on Sunday, Feb 3 @ 8pm IST. Some points:
1. You would need a modern mobile or desktop browser. No Opera Mini. You would need to ensure that you have good internet connectivity.
2. NO easy questions. 20 medium...
- Entry# 617169
Dec 21 2012 (09:38AM)
As per the suggestion presented [here|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/615661] , a new experimental feature is being introduced today.
At the top of the member profile, you will see a new link "Block Member" (see pic). If you block any member, they will NOT be able to reply within Blog Entries started by you, OR...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins