- Railway building snags on compensation row News Entry# 161037
by: rdb** Today (5:23AM)
Construction work on the Bathnaha-Katahari railway has screeched to a halt after a dispute arose over compensation to landowners.
The cross-border railway , which will connect Jogbani in India with Biratnagar in Nepal, is being built with the assistance of the...
- Traders prefer trucks over rail wagons for convenience News Entry# 161036
by: rdb** Today (5:22AM)
MADURAI: As the city depends on northern and neighbouring states for more than 90% of its grains and pulses, hundreds of trucks enter the city carrying the consignments. Till two decades back, large consignments of commercial items were brought to Madurai mostly by goods train. After Railways abolished piecemeal loading...
- Rail funds enough to meet targets? News Entry# 161035
by: rdb** Today (5:21AM)
A parliamentary panel has raised doubts over the financial strength of the railways to meet the target set for the 12th Five-Year Plan in the backdrop of the steep cut in the budgetary support. The panel has noted that the railways had fallen short of the 11th Five-Year Plan target...
- Farmers stall rail line doubling work News Entry# 161034
by: rdb** Today (5:20AM)
A large number of farmers, demanding compensation for land given for the Bangalore–Mysore railway track doubling project, staged a protest by putting up stoves and cooking food on the tracks at two places in the district on Wednesday.The protests were held near Shimsha Bridge in Maddur and Elechakanahalli near Mandya.The...
- Fog grounds several flights, disrupts rail services News Entry# 161033
by: rdb** Today (5:19AM)
Chandigarh: Dense fog crippled the air services from the city with only three flights taking off today, forcing several passengers to reschedule their travel plans. Of the 12 scheduled flights, only three took off from the city airport -- the Jet Airways’ Chandigarh-Mumbai flight, which left at around 4 pm...
- Entry# 932140
Dec 12 (01:34AM)
Over the last month, several enhancements have been made to the IRI Atlas. Following are the salient points:
1. Previously, the tracks were crude with many straight line segments. Only on clicking on the individual tracks, it would assume a finer form. Now, the tracks are refined even on the overview...
- Entry# 914135
Nov 22 (09:32PM)
There's been this recent concern raised by many about the so-called "race blogs", and how they are congesting the Forum. As per our long-standing policy, members are allowed to blog freely, so long as their posts are not offensive or of a repetitive spam nature.
Accordingly, the following changes are being...
- Entry# 871813
Oct 09 2013 (06:44AM)
Some new features have been introduced:
1. Multiple Train & Station tags can be added to each Blog Entry as well as each Blog Reply within the Blog Entry. The "Tags" link within each Blog Entry/Reply will show the list of Train/Station Tags.
2. The Forum submenu within the Train &...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 2013 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 2013 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins