- Cost-benefit Equation & Ability to pick-up Big Share of Investment matters the most for China News Entry# 194335
by: Ravi Prajapati** Today (12:49PM)
Railways may be the oldest form of mass land transport, but they will be on the mind when President Xi Jinping begins a visit to India today. More than a century after Chinese labourers built the railways that opened up North America, China has reached the top of the value...
- Competition heats up between Japan, China for High-speed Railway projects in Asia News Entry# 194334
by: Ravi Prajapati** Today (12:49PM)
Japanese and Chinese companies are battling for potentially lucrative railway projects around Asia, as rapid economic growth and expanding populations have led to plans for about 10,000 kilometers in railway networks.
A bidding competition is expected next year for a railway...
- Karnataka CM sets 300 day deadline for Metro Phase-1 News Entry# 194333
by: Ravi Prajapati** Today (12:48PM)
Bangalore (SBC): Already behind schedule by over nine months, Namma Metro Phase 1 received another deadline for completion.
On Monday, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said the tunnelling work for phase 1 should be completed within the next 300 days.
- Railways restores 8 Railway stations between Baramulla-Naugam in North Kashmir News Entry# 194332
by: Ravi Prajapati** Today (12:47PM)
Jammu: Indian Railways, in coordination with state police, has restored a total of 57 km of tracks and made operational eight railway stations from Baramulla to Nowgam in north Kashmir, and efforts were on to make the remaining stations in south Kashmir functional.
- China may outsmart Japan with aggressive investment in India’s Rail infrastructure projects News Entry# 194331
by: Jayashree▪◘▪Amita** Today (12:46PM)
China will bid aggressively to bag key Indian Railway infrastructure projects during its premier Xi Jinping’s visit to India
नई दिल्ली New Delhi: China will bid aggressively to bag key Railway infrastructure projects from India when its premier Xi Jinping meets...
- Entry# 1209120
Sep 07 (03:36PM)
This is an IMPORTANT reminder to all members that NO MONETARY transactions are permitted within the scope of IRI. Members are NOT ALLOWED to borrow/lend money to each other, book rail tickets for each other, introduce themselves as "IRI Members/Admins" and solicit monetary favours, asking to book rail tickets...
- Entry# 1204822
Sep 02 (07:04PM)
With the roll out of new TTs, we are introducing 3 new enhancements:
1. "To Be Introduced" trains: As the title implies, Admins may add Trains that are announced in the Budget and Not yet introduced, to this list, with WHATEVER tentative TT is available, and whatever sketchy or vague information...
- Entry# 1193896
Aug 21 (10:23PM)
The new IRI logo can now be seen. Actually, we are reluctant to make changes to the logo (for the sake of recognizability and consistency), but some very slight modification was done this time. Here is the post-facto rationalization of the logo:
1. The Chakra is the Wheel symbolizing Transportation/Travel which...
- Entry# 998985
Feb 17 2014 (09:34PM)
There was some persistent glitch, requiring us to stop and restart all the servers. This led to a 30 minute outage. Really sorry about that.
Thanks for everyone's patience.
- Entry# 996949
Feb 15 2014 (09:22PM)
There have been some reports that the IRI Atlas is not visible. This seems to be some problem at the Google Maps end.
To resolve this, please log out and log back in, and everything should start working.
- Entry# 952669
Jan 02 2014 (10:20AM)
This is to notify all members that hereafter, topics on the subject of
"Train xyz Running Empty ... # Seats Vacant ..."
will be PROMPTLY DELETED.
Members of IRI need not worry themselves and lose sleep over "IR making losses". IR will take care of it. IR is, in all probability, monitoring their...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins