- Mumbai Metro: Rating Agency ICRA warns on ability to generate enough Cash Flows News Entry# 160117
by: Jayashree▸❖◂Amita** Today (2:31PM)
Fare hike must for Mumbai Metro to make money
Mumbai: With Mumbai Metro One Pvt Ltd, a Reliance Infrastructure Ltd company, set to launch the first phase of the 11.4-km Mumbai metro services next month, analysts and lenders say the company’s...
- Delhi Metro’s improper planning exposed Noida-Dwarka corridor to frequent Technical Glitches News Entry# 160116
by: Jayashree▸❖◂Amita** Today (2:27PM)
New Delhi: The longest and the busiest corridor of the Delhi Metro network that ferries 9.8 lakh commuters daily has become synonymous for frequent technical snafus. Sharat Sharma, Director Operations, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) admitted that the Corporation did not envision that the line will become so expansive and...
- Erode Junction gears up for GM/SR’s visit News Entry# 160115
by: Jayashree▸❖◂Amita** Today (2:26PM)
Erode Jn (ED): Railway employees are busy giving a makeover to the Erode Railway Junction ahead of the visit of General Manager of Southern Railway Rakesh Misra.
The platforms are being cleaned up and re-laid at some spots. A fresh coat...
- How the Mumbai Rail Map was conceived by IITians News Entry# 160114
by: Jayashree▸❖◂Amita** Today (2:26PM)
It is easier for a newcomer in Mumbai to lose his way than find it, says Jaikishan Patel (26), a first year student of Visual Communication at Industrial Design Centre, IIT-B, Powai. Says the Chhatisgarh native, “I first came to Mumbai in 2010, and I was thoroughly confused by the...
- Alert staffer notices track fracture, saves major tragedy News Entry# 160113
by: Jayashree▸❖◂Amita** Today (12:26PM)
Pune Jn (PUNE): A vigilant railway staffer patrolling the tracks between Akurdi and Chinchwad railway stations helped avert a major disaster after he noticed a railway track fracture and alerted rail authorities to halt train operations on the damaged track on Wednesday morning. An express train that was supposed to...
- Entry# 932140
Over the last month, several enhancements have been made to the IRI Atlas. Following are the salient points:
1. Previously, the tracks were crude with many straight line segments. Only on clicking on the individual tracks, it would assume a finer form. Now, the tracks are refined even on the overview...
- Entry# 914135
Nov 22 (09:32PM)
There's been this recent concern raised by many about the so-called "race blogs", and how they are congesting the Forum. As per our long-standing policy, members are allowed to blog freely, so long as their posts are not offensive or of a repetitive spam nature.
Accordingly, the following changes are being...
- Entry# 871813
Oct 09 2013 (06:44AM)
Some new features have been introduced:
1. Multiple Train & Station tags can be added to each Blog Entry as well as each Blog Reply within the Blog Entry. The "Tags" link within each Blog Entry/Reply will show the list of Train/Station Tags.
2. The Forum submenu within the Train &...
- Entry# 736067
Apr 27 2013 (09:18PM)
As already observed by our Admins Jay Shah & Nazeer in prior posts [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/735925] and [/blog/post/735925|http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/734351] , the Seat Availability Check, Search and Availability Calendar have now been implemented. The feature is an amalgamation of numerous suggestions put forward by our members/Admins over the past few months. Hearty thanks to...
- Entry# 731613
Apr 23 2013 (06:29PM)
A new class of members called "Forum Monitor" has been introduced. These members will have free rein to Delete Posts, Suspend Members and Archive Blogs. The defining characteristics of these members is:
1. They are a subset of the Admin group.
2. They are NOT active bloggers, and so not emotionally involved.
- Entry# 716180
Apr 07 2013 (01:30PM)
The following modifications are being made in the Forum:
1. The Opinion box will now show a detailed list of Members who provided the rating. When you click on Great, Thanks, Useful or Agree, a box will open up beneath displaying the names. When you hover over the respective member names,...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins