- China to Extend Rail Line from Tibet to India, Nepal News Entry# 186846
by: rdb** Today (11:02PM)
BEIJING — China plans to extend a railway line linking Tibet with the rest of the country to the borders of India, Nepal and Bhutan by 2020 once an extension to a key site in Tibetan Buddhism opens, a state-run newspaper reported on Thursday.
- Telangana school bus mishap: Bus driver held responsible by Railways News Entry# 186845
by: rdb** Today (11:01PM)
Hyderabad: The South Central Railway authorities said that it was evident that the driver of the school bus drove into the approaching train leading to the accident. “It is a matter of common sense to stop when a train is approaching. The bus driver underestimated the speed of the moving...
- SCR vows to remove Unmanned Railway Level Crossings by 2016-17 News Entry# 186844
by: rdb** Today (10:59PM)
South Central Railway (SCR) General Manager PK Srivastava reviewed with the Principal Heads of the Departments concerned on the progress of works for eliminating the unmanned railway level crossings on SCR.
Expressing serious concern over the accident that occurred on Thursday...
- A trip down memory lane News Entry# 186843
by: rdb** Today (10:57PM)
Neville Jeremiah’s career in Southern Railway was one of pioneering achievements
A lifetime is hard to condense into a few hundred words, especially if it has been as eventful as Neville Jeremiah’s, but the erstwhile Southern Railways chief mechanical engineer tries...
- Railways might get better toilet systems News Entry# 186842
by: rdb** Today (10:56PM)
If all goes well, there will be no nauseating scenes at railway tracks in railway stations across the country. The railways also can save lot of money on water and labour to clean the human waste discharged from the toilets of respective trains halted for a while at the stations.
- Entry# 998985
Feb 17 2014 (09:34PM)
There was some persistent glitch, requiring us to stop and restart all the servers. This led to a 30 minute outage. Really sorry about that.
Thanks for everyone's patience.
- Entry# 996949
Feb 15 2014 (09:22PM)
There have been some reports that the IRI Atlas is not visible. This seems to be some problem at the Google Maps end.
To resolve this, please log out and log back in, and everything should start working.
- Entry# 952669
Jan 02 2014 (10:20AM)
This is to notify all members that hereafter, topics on the subject of
"Train xyz Running Empty ... # Seats Vacant ..."
will be PROMPTLY DELETED.
Members of IRI need not worry themselves and lose sleep over "IR making losses". IR will take care of it. IR is, in all probability, monitoring their...
- Entry# 932140
Dec 12 2013 (01:34AM)
Over the last month, several enhancements have been made to the IRI Atlas. Following are the salient points:
1. Previously, the tracks were crude with many straight line segments. Only on clicking on the individual tracks, it would assume a finer form. Now, the tracks are refined even on the overview...
- Entry# 914135
Nov 22 2013 (09:32PM)
There's been this recent concern raised by many about the so-called "race blogs", and how they are congesting the Forum. As per our long-standing policy, members are allowed to blog freely, so long as their posts are not offensive or of a repetitive spam nature.
Accordingly, the following changes are being...
- Entry# 871813
Oct 09 2013 (06:44AM)
Some new features have been introduced:
1. Multiple Train & Station tags can be added to each Blog Entry as well as each Blog Reply within the Blog Entry. The "Tags" link within each Blog Entry/Reply will show the list of Train/Station Tags.
2. The Forum submenu within the Train &...
Active IRCTC Ticket Agents
Admin Blog Links
Rail Websites by our Admins