Soon, you can take a train to board a flight in Bengaluru! The Indian Railways’ halt station on the boundary of Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport will be ready at the end of August. This will allow the South Western Railway zone to give a stoppage for trains that are being operated...
State-run engineering firm BHEL on Thursday said it has successfully commissioned a 1.7 MW solar photovoltaic (PV) plant at Bina in Madhya Pradesh for the Indian Railways. The plant will directly feed power to traction systems of Indian Railways, a Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) statement said. "The project is...
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal has refuted claims of privatization of the Indian Railways. In a tweet, the Minister said, all the current services of the Indian Railways will continue to remain operational and the Railways is not being privatized in any way. Mr. Goyal informed that 151 additional modern trains will...
Over the last few days, there have been concerns expressed by many members that politics are being discussed. Well, with 90% of the trains NOT running over the last 3 months, there is not much rail-fanning happening!!! People have to discuss something. Mature political discussions are allowed in the Topics section,...
To help with the issue of mass tagging of members, we shall soon be expanding the RF Club feature to Pvt Clubs:
1. Any member will be able to create a Pvt Club and invite other members to join. Joining of any Club is voluntary - members cannot be forced to join...
For the last 2 days, I have been putting up some quizzes in the Topics section, with the following design:
1. Each quiz starts with a statement.
2. Then a question, followed by 4-6 choices.
3. AFTER a member makes a choice, all the other choices are revealed, along with the creator's choice and...
This is a notice of a feature soon to be introduced. Currently, we have unique member IDs per member which are hard to remember. We shall soon be introducing "User Handles", as used in Twitter and other social media sites.
1. "User Handles" are a unique combination of letters/numbers - (at least...
This is a note of some experimental changes that will be rolled out soon.
Since most of our RailFans are also interested in playing Video Games like Rail Simulator, Fortnite, etc. a separate section will soon be introduced to discuss the video games that you are playing.
Some further changes will be introduced tomorrow inside the new Topics section.
1. All Topics will have Channels.
2. The name/type of Channel will depend on the Topic. For example, the *air-travel topic will have Channels for the various flight numbers like AI402, UK301, etc. Similarly for Bus Travel, Govt. Jobs, etc.
Important Note:This website NEVER solicits for Money or Donations. Please beware of anyone requesting/demanding money on behalf of IRI. Thanks. Disclaimer: This website has NO affiliation with the Government-run site of Indian Railways. This site does NOT claim 100% accuracy of fast-changing Rail Information. YOU are responsible for independently confirming the validity of information through other sources.