The solar power plant project in Madhya Pradesh, to be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, comprises three solar generating units of 250 MW each located on a 500-hectare plot of land inside a solar park with a total area of 1500 hectare. ...
NEW DELHI: The Indian Railways’ ambitious station redevelopment projects do not require environmental clearances any more, said railway board chairman V K Yadav. The decision is expected to speed up station development even as a rejigged time table will see dedicated time slots for mail and express and freight and slow...
Over the last few days, there have been concerns expressed by many members that politics are being discussed. Well, with 90% of the trains NOT running over the last 3 months, there is not much rail-fanning happening!!! People have to discuss something. Mature political discussions are allowed in the Topics section,...
To help with the issue of mass tagging of members, we shall soon be expanding the RF Club feature to Pvt Clubs:
1. Any member will be able to create a Pvt Club and invite other members to join. Joining of any Club is voluntary - members cannot be forced to join...
For the last 2 days, I have been putting up some quizzes in the Topics section, with the following design:
1. Each quiz starts with a statement.
2. Then a question, followed by 4-6 choices.
3. AFTER a member makes a choice, all the other choices are revealed, along with the creator's choice and...
This is a notice of a feature soon to be introduced. Currently, we have unique member IDs per member which are hard to remember. We shall soon be introducing "User Handles", as used in Twitter and other social media sites.
1. "User Handles" are a unique combination of letters/numbers - (at least...
This is a note of some experimental changes that will be rolled out soon.
Since most of our RailFans are also interested in playing Video Games like Rail Simulator, Fortnite, etc. a separate section will soon be introduced to discuss the video games that you are playing.
Some further changes will be introduced tomorrow inside the new Topics section.
1. All Topics will have Channels.
2. The name/type of Channel will depend on the Topic. For example, the *air-travel topic will have Channels for the various flight numbers like AI402, UK301, etc. Similarly for Bus Travel, Govt. Jobs, etc.
Important Note:This website NEVER solicits for Money or Donations. Please beware of anyone requesting/demanding money on behalf of IRI. Thanks. Disclaimer: This website has NO affiliation with the Government-run site of Indian Railways. This site does NOT claim 100% accuracy of fast-changing Rail Information. YOU are responsible for independently confirming the validity of information through other sources.